BI/Reporting Business Analyst
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Software Engineering - Platform
- Division: Operations
Take a seat on the Xplor Rocketship and join us as a BI Reporting Business Analyst to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
Xplor - Debitsuccess is the only full service payment processor in Australasia incorporating billing, call centre customer management and credit control. Debitsuccess is the most comprehensive and cost efficient solution for businesses and undertakings that wish to offer their customers an alternative to paying for goods and services in one lump sum by offering payment options through a number of instalments.
Reporting into our BA Team Lead, you’ll be working with the product team, act as a subject matter expert to help define the product direction, and within the scrum team to help realise the feature set.
Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have:
- Work closely with business stakeholders, clients and the IT product team to gather and validate BI and reporting requirements.
- Participate in planning processes including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI and reporting solutions.
- Work within sprints with the Scrum team and assist with creating new or enhancing existing dashboards/reports.
- Provide in-depth analysis of data and actionable insights
- Provide business logic to be included in the data warehouse and the BI reporting tool .
- Perform data validation to check if the reported data is accurate and is from the correct source.
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis and tracking dashboards/reports for business decision-making.
- Regularly review data quality and completeness identifying areas for improvement.
- Report and help troubleshoot issues identified in the data or application.
What would make me a good candidate?
- A minimum of 2 years of previous experience as a Business Analyst or similar in business intelligence (BI), data analysis or data reporting projects
- A proven record of working on complex software products, through to production
- Advanced presentation skills
- Able to perform critical thinking in the area of data analysis
- Strong prioritisation, time management and organisational skills
- Able to perform administrative functions accurately and to deadlines
- Able to assimilate complex information quickly and accurately
- Microsoft Office Suite – Intermediate level knowledge
- Basic experience with SQL.
- Familiar with BI reporting tools (Power BI or similar)
- Knowledge and experience of data warehousing principles.
- Understanding of ETL or ELT principles.
- Familiar with SSRS, native report server, subscriptions etc .
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- Additional leave like volunteer days and birthday off per year
- Extra sick leave provided to give employees 15 days total per year
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
- Health & Liffe Insurance
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Eric Fallon - Talent Acquisition Coordinator - APAC.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.