Senior Android Engineer
- Boulder, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Software Engineering - BMS
- Division: Boutique Wellness
At Xplor, we help businesses thrive by making life simple for daily activities with a recurring nature. We do that by offering smart software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions across five “everyday life” verticals: Health and Fitness, Education, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services, and Personal Services. Learn more on our website: https://www.xplortechnologies.com/
TrueCoach (www.truecoach.co) is on a mission to help coaches save time, deliver a better experience for their clients, and grow their training businesses. We built TrueCoach to enable 1-to-1 coaching that scales, freeing up time for coaches to get out of the gym and work on their businesses rather than in their businesses.
Our core values - Make Life Simple, Build for People, Move with Purpose, and Create Lasting Communities are key to who we are and what guides us from how we hire to how we recognize our team members.
We also value work-life balance and offer the following perks:
- My 10% - 10% of your time to invest in growth and learning
- 12 weeks gender-neutral paid parental leave
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business
- Flexible work arrangements
- Unlimited vacation
- 100% remote
- Pay Range 100,000-120,000+
As a Sr. Android Engineer you'll be laying the groundwork for us to move to a mobile device first client experience and be responsible for delivering high value features that help our coach's and their clients be successful everyday in their goals. You will also create features that enable over 7,000 personal trainers and coaches to help over 200,000 clients achieve their goals across a diverse array of experiences.
The position can be located anywhere in the U.S with flexibility to work at our Boulder office as desired.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work with our product team to determine precise requirements and build them
- Write clean, well tested and well abstracted code
- Participate in code reviews
- Participate in the mobile guild and team driven decision making processes
- Participate in sprint planning and retrospectives
- Participate in QA
- At least 3 years experience building Android applications using Kotlin and Android Studio
- Proven track record of building high quality mobile applications
- Android Software Development Patterns and tools including JetPack, MockK and Espresso
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and Firebase would be a plus
- Strong desire to learn new things
- Hard working
- Humble and open to constructive feedback
- Strong communication skills
- Strong initiative and sense of ownership
Nice To Haves
- CI, monitoring and infrastructure oversight experience
- Experience building SaaS products a distinct plus
- Passionate about health and fitness a plus
- Experience with React Native
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
All Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.