Talent Acquisition Consultant
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Colleague Experience
- Division: People
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as a Talent Acquisition Consultant to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
(This role is preferably to be based in Melbourne or Auckland, but open to anywhere in ANZ)
At Xplor, the TA Team is a strategic function responsible for helping others reach their full potential by connecting them to the right opportunities. We are a team of talent professionals who above all else are ambassadors of our culture, ensuring we’re building diverse teams of talented people that align with our values.
At Xplor we ‘build for people’ and our team exemplifies this value through our passion to provide an exceptional recruitment experience and constantly pushing for the best outcome for the company, team, and candidate. We are curious by nature, with a determination to learn about people and our business, try new things and ask ourselves what’s next.
We operate in a fast-paced, ever-evolving and collaborative environment and as we continue to grow and scale around the world, our team will surely change and evolve just like Xplor. But with this, we have the ability to develop new initiatives and explore different areas of Talent Acquisition. We enjoy the challenge of building something new and solving the hard problems along the way. Our team strives to always be flexible, innovative and driven to make a difference.
You’ll focus on resourcing and supporting TA operations in APAC by providing a proactive and flexible service to our managers, candidates and stakeholders. You’ll be part of our exciting journey for the business as we continue to grow globally and will be a key part in making our growth happen successfully. Some of the main responsibilities you’ll have:
- Find, engage and attract candidates through a wide range of search techniques
- Pre-screen, interview and assess candidates for suitability against the role and our values
- Co-ordinate and deliver interviews with hiring managers
- Manage and deliver volume hire assessment centres including in-house and virtual assessment activity
- Draft engaging copy and place adverts across multiple job boards and social media platforms to enable us to effectively reach top talent
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to manage an effective end to end recruitment process
- Work closely with hiring managers to understand requirements of the role, function and how it fits into the business
- Manage relationships with senior leaders as internal stakeholders and act as point of contact for recruiting in APAC
- Track pipeline activity to share insights with internal stakeholders and hiring partners for potential future hires
- Recommend and help implement process improvements that increase hiring effectiveness and external brand positioning
What would make me a good candidate?
We're looking for someone who has previous experience in a recruiting role, either in an in-house or agency recruitment environment. You'll have strong interviewing and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to clearly and professionally communicate with a diverse range of people. You'll also have the ability to identify both value alignment and technical/functional capability through a robust recruitment process. Some of the other skills we're ideally looking for:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Clear verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to deliver communication in the appropriate manner to the target audience
- Process and detail-oriented to drive improvement in how we do things, seeking to make the complex simple
- Excellent IT skills, ideally with ATS experience (SmartRecruiters or similar SaaS based solution)
- Practical and proactive approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a busy workload
- Able to show awareness of own strengths and areas for growth and develop and apply new skills
- Tech recruitment/resourcing experience is a plus
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- 8 weeks each year to work from anywhere in the world
- 3 day paid Volunteer Leave days per year
- Extra sick leave provided to give employees 15 days total per year
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "Tothemoon" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Dean (Talent Partner).
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.