Sr. QA Engineer
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Software Engineering - Platform
- Division: Operations
At Xplor we help businesses succeed by giving them the software, payments, and commerce-accelerating technologies they need to thrive.
We know our clients and partners because we once were our clients. We understand their industry, customers, and unique goals so that we can help them overcome obstacles and leave a lasting legacy.
SPOT ( An Xplor company) is looking for a mid-level Quality Assurance engineer to join our technology team. The essential responsibilities of the QA engineer are to conduct thorough product testing and to maintain agreed upon quality standards to provide the highest quality software products to both external and internal customers.
You will work with a passionate software development team in an agile environment. You will collaborate closely with the rest of the QA team and Product Managers to ensure the highest quality of software delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Leads the testing effort for an entire project portfolio or team often with changing requirements as the products evolve
- Self-motivated accountability and a sense of ownership of the product
- Tests server components, system interfaces, API, and client components
- Assists in defining, developing, and implementing quality assurance practices and methodology, test plans, and test cases
- Manually tests new changes as necessary
- Creates required test artifacts to team standards while ensuring that most time is spent testing rather than documenting
- Fully participates with the scrum team through all phases of the software development life cycle
- Mature understanding of the different types of testing that QA will engage in: Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance, and Release Management
- At least 3 years experience in Software Quality Assurance in a Microsoft Windows environment
- At least 3 years experience in an Agile Scrum environment
- Genuine enjoyment of Software Quality Assurance work with a coding background – experience writing working code
- Experience working in a CI/CD and DevOps environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration, trust-building, listening, and negotiation skills
- Must be detail-oriented, reliable and capable of working both in a team environment and alone with minimal direction and supervision
- Passionate about automated testing and quality assurance!
- Some experience or desire to learn automation testing
- Experience working with SQL and writing SQL queries
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
All Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.