Tech Lead - Mobile
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: People Leader
- Department: Software Engineering - Platform
- Division: Education
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as Mobile Tech Lead in Melbourne to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You’ll join Xplor Education and our Engineering team — the team that provides the support and expertise educators need to manage their centres smoothly, improve parent engagement, and deliver the best educational experience, so that they can focus on what really matters - helping children succeed.
Our Mobile Developers are a part of the team that create the product that allows parents to interact with their children at early learning centres through live observations - photos, updates, and learning outcomes for their child throughout the day. It also makes parents' admin lives easier by providing bookings and medical record functionality. As their Tech Lead, you will get to:
- Take a proactive, hands on, and collaborative approach in all sprints and tasks
- Be a part of a team with a shared goal - disrupting a market through technology and improving lives of families across the country
- Mentor and coach your team to achieve their goals
What would make me a good candidate?
- Expertise in Swift and/or Kotlin
- Deep knowledge of Android and/or iOS and Kotlin Multi-platform projects is a bonus
- Experience using modern testing frameworks
- You can setup and maintain CI/CD workflows (we use Bitrise)
- You can motivate and mentor a high performing team
- You have performed a similar role leading a high performing team previously
- You understand your role is about the team - you might not touch the code for days at a time.
- Proactive, self-motivated learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human
Those are all fine bullet points, but what we are really after is attitude and drive - we want someone our teams can get behind. A person whom your peers respect and your manager admire. We want someone who isn’t afraid to step up to the plate. To take considered risks. Someone who wholeheartedly supports and lifts their team. Someone who collaborates, has fun and can own their successes and their failures, (we are, after all, human).
Bring your whole self, even bring your dog. Help us create something great.
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- 8 weeks each year to work from anywhere in the world
- 3 day paid Volunteer Leave days per year
- Extra sick leave provided to give employees 15 days total per year
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "Tothemoon" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Dean (Talent Partner).
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please also note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check/Blue Card as part of their employment.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.