VP, Software Engineering - Leisure: PerfectMind
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Role type: Senior Leadership
- Department: Software Engineering - BMS
- Division: Health and Fitness
Xplor Technologies is a global provider of Business Management Software (BMS), Payments and commerce accelerating technology services to a variety of ‘everyday life’ business verticals. At Xplor we help businesses succeed by giving them the software, payments, and commerce-accelerating technologies they need to thrive.
As VP, Software Engineering, for our Leisure PerfectMind product, you will set the technical vision and strategy. You will partner with the Product Management teams to design and deliver high quality products by providing leadership across the software Engineering lifecycle, leading core capabilities such as Architecture, Technical Design, Development, Release and QA.
Location: Vancouver, Canada; must be willing to conduct business related travel
Reports to: SVP, Engineering
Direct reports: Technical leads (x2), Software Architect, Development Lead, QA Manager
- Product Management team
- Key members of the Commercial teams
- Key members of the Technology team
- Key members of central functions from Group and NA region
- Technology vendors
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver strategic technological vision and direction for the PerfectMind Software Engineering team in alignment with Product strategy
- Own and drive scalable processes to deliver consistent, reliable, and high-quality Engineering outputs
- Drive systems and processes necessary to support sound decision making in:
- Technology stack
- Technology providers
- Development process and practices
- SRE process and practices
- QA process and practices
- Non-Functional Requirements to ensure solutions meet relevant standards and other system quality requirements
- Application Security
- Lead technical decision making across all key areas of control
- Working together with the SVP, Engineering, design future Target Operating Model, recognising regional, vertical, and product related nuances
- Drive the implementation of the Target Operating Model (including the mindset, structures, processes related to high-performing Engineering teams)
- Optimise current Software Engineering processes and systems to ensure consistent delivery against agreed priorities and Roadmaps
- As necessary, participate in and co-ordinate Xplor wide Engineering improvement activities, working in collaboration with other Engineering leaders across Xplor
- Work with senior leaders to build project budgets/schedule and manage delivery against plan
- Pursue a deep understanding of best practice Software Engineering through research, data analysis and wider business/commercial relationships
- Build, mentor and coach high performing and values-driven team
- Be a proactive leadership voice in the Xplor Software Engineering leadership team, driving engagement from the various teams.
- Deep and proven experience of leading high performing, multifaceted Engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience in SaaS
- Experience influencing and communicating with senior and executive stakeholders to drive results
- Demonstrated track record of driving scalable improvements in Software Engineering streams
- Technically proficient in modern SaaS application architectures and cloud technologies
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and the ability to manage senior stakeholder relationships in a complex, global business environment
- Adept at leading multiple change programs and deadlines
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Able to think ahead, develop forward looking strategy and effectively communicating vision to diverse teams in a way that engages and inspires
- Ability to identify and escalate issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and strategic thinking skills
- Able to execute against ambitious timelines
- Able to work effectively across multiple time zone with colleagues based around the world; able to work hours outside of a typical workday to accommodate time zones
- Demonstrated commitment to building highly engaged teams and driving a culture of inclusion and innovation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.