- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Product Management
- Division: Education
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as Product Designer in Melbourne to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
As a Product Designer, you will collaborate closely with our product and development teams to create exceptional experiences for parents, educators, and centre managers.
You learn quickly to understand the ‘why’ behind a problem and design solutions which anticipate the needs of our users. In order to achieve the best outcome, you recognise that you’ll also need to collaborate closely with others to balance user, technical and business goals.
While moving fast to iterate your designs, you are able to recognise when to slow down to be meticulous about impactful design details that will delight our users. Your visual design will add character to interactions, expressing our brand’s personality and style.
We work at the intersection of the user, business, and technical goals to bring the product vision into reality. We accomplish this by collaborating closely with our teams of engineers, designers, and product managers throughout the design process.
In your role within the product team, you will have a holistic view across our product suite with the ability to bring lasting impact to existing products or new product offerings. We are empathic advocates for the parents, educators, and centre administrators who use Xplor and above all else aim to make a positive difference in education.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / DESIRED OUTCOMES
- Plan and conduct research activities where required such as interviews, surveys, or workshops.
- Synthesize primary and secondary research into actionable insights.
- Contribute to the product strategy and roadmap with our product managers.
- Ideation and wireframing multiple design solutions while keeping a balance between user, business, and technical goals.
- Testing concepts with our users and rapidly iterating your designs based on feedback.
- Creating visually strong and consistent user interface design based on branding and design system guidelines.
- Work autonomously within product and development teams.
- Experience building, using, and maintaining design systems.
- An innate ability to simplify complex workflows into easy interactions while also keeping an eye on the impacts of your decisions on the larger picture.
- Forward-thinker: Impeccable attention to detail and eye for bringing innovative techniques in how we delight our users.
- Fast and fluent in Figma, Sketch, or other design tools.
- An experimental mindset and eagerness to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with our users.
- Excellent articulator: you are able to explain the rationale behind your design decisions and conceptual ideas both verbally and visually.
- Collaboration skills: outstanding collaborator across cross-functional teams and positive recipient of feedback.
- Motivated by a fast-paced, scale-up environment where you will have to adapt to changing business priorities.
- A keen advocate for product design within the business who constantly mentors others on the importance of human-centred design at Xplor.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCES
- A portfolio of previous work attached with a resume is required. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can not be considered.
- 3+ years of experience in a Product Design role or similar.
- Currently holds or has the ability to obtain a Working With Children Check.
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- 8 weeks each year to work from anywhere in the world
- 3 day paid Volunteer Leave days per year
- Extra sick leave provided to give employees 15 days total per year
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "RocketDesigner" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Dean (Talent Partner).
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please also note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check/Blue Card as part of their employment.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.