Junior Corporate Accounting
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Financial Control
- Division: Finance
Originally developed in 1998 as a Martial Arts software solution, the PerfectMind platform has grown worldwide, and now serves more than 500,000 users in 21 countries across the Health & Fitness sector.
PerfectMind’s cloud-based software helps university campuses, sports centers, and recreation organizations of all sizes grow their communities. The software is scalable and can evolve with the client's needs, making day-to-day operations simple, efficient, and enjoyable.
PerfectMind is now proud to be a part of the Xplor family, which is a leading revenue management solutions company that provides business management software, integrated payments, and value-added services to clients around the world. As an Advent portfolio company, Xplor is partnered with one of the largest and most experienced global private equity investors. we are excited to begin work on our value creation Blueprint program and deliver on our bold growth ambition.
You will be an experienced accountant with a strong background in financial accounting and reporting. An excellent communicator with the ability to present financial information in a clear and concise way, you will also be comfortable developing relationships internally and externally. Key skills include having strong technical accounting capability and being highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and achieving set deadlines. You will also be highly proficient in Excel.
Working alongside PerfectMind’s Corporate Accountant and supporting the Group Controller, your responsibilities will include
- Execution of GL, AR, billings & collections, payroll, consolidation, reconciliation, revenue recognition, and standard costing.
- Monitoring monthly variances, investigating budget deficiencies, and assisting with corrective actions.
- Preparation of corporate tax filings (GST/ PST/etc.) and assisting with annual corporate tax returns.
- Assist with preparation of the management reports as required and assist with the preparation of budget and forecasts, as well as financial analysis.
- Develop and maintain a documented system of procedures and internal controls to ensure efficient accounting operations and financial reporting accuracy.
- 3-5 years of experience working in accounting and finance.
- CPA designation, newly designated CPA or enrollment in CPA program is a mandatory requirement.
- Must have a comprehensive hands-on technical and functional understanding of all accounting functions (i.e. AR, AP, bank reconciliations, cash management, general ledger, financial prep, financial closure, tax filing, reporting, and review)
- Experience in a SaaS environment and Netsuite is an asset.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.