Customer Service Advisor
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Customer Service
- Division: Operations
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as Customer Service Advisor in Newcastle to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You’ll join our Service Delivery organisation that is responsible for being the first point of contact for our clients and their customers, enabling our clients to focus on what they do best – engaging with members and growing their business. Our people act as an extension of our clients’ teams, with a comprehensive suite of technology, payment capabilities and value-added services like member retention and customer service activities. We have recently moved to the North East and are growing rapidly, inducting people into our Newcastle office.
Reporting into the Service Delivery Manager, you’ll help us service our members in the UK and Europe. Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have:
- Answer phone calls/emails/Chats in a polite and prompt manner to provide a high level of customer service with a high first time resolution rate
- Manage telephone and email communication from clients and their customers in relation to their service contracts with us
- Resolves first line customer queries relating to their accounts associated to payment contracts and contractual relationships
- Reports any issues reported by customers, and escalate where necessary
- Manages clients regarding overdue balances and the collection of those in line with Collections policy, maintaining individual areas within the system’s ledger by telephone and letter
- Identification, progress chasing and resolution of queries utilizing the query management system
- Record all activity associated with any communication in the related Administration system
- Accurately update internal and external systems and tools as required
- Follow defined scripts or directions around support or payment negotiation as defined from time to time
What would make me a good candidate?
- Strong Customer Service and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills - The ability to liaise with Stakeholders on a day to day basis via telephone (excellent telephone manner), email and face-to-face in a clear, caring, concise and professional manner
- Problem solving skills: able to identify the exact details of a problem through a rational process and be able to take steps to ensure a successful resolution.
- Attention to detail, able to document details of issues clearly in a concise understandable manner
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeve
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Flexible work options
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Claire Pearce.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.