- Auckland, New Zealand
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Payment Services
- Division: Finance
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as a Payments Analyst in Auckland to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You'll join our Payments Service team - the team that provides expertise and support to our five business verticals. You'll work hand in hand with internal stakeholders to help them overcome obstacles by understanding their unique goals and challenges so they can focus on what really matters - helping our customers succeed.
Reporting to Payment Services Manager, as part of the payment services team, you'll be working on billing, paying out, corrections and reconciliation.
Some of the responsibilities you'll have:
- Process Billing across all Trust Accounts via direct debit and credit card, and record all transaction details once completed successfully
- Download and process banking files, reversals daily (Critical Morning Tasks)
- Run ‘Exception Reports’ to identify anomalies in billing and other reporting daily as required, Investigate and escalate issues Approve Billing, Refund batches as required to support internal processes Investigate and approve corrections; refunds, delete fees, and transfers daily to meet Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Liaise with the bank regarding queries, chargebacks, and any other issues as and when required
- Perform end of day process checks including banking, reversals, data imports and other required checks as per internal control
- Manage Debt Recovery processes end to end on a weekly basis as required
- Confirm Bank Imports are completed prior to starting Payout
- Check Payout Spreadsheet pre checks, withheld payout, excluded facilities, other requests from Account Managers, Stakeholders
- Change of Ownership & Change of Bank Account are processed prior to Payout
- Attend and participate in team meetings and events
What would make me a good candidate?
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Finance, Billing, or Accounts Receivable role within corporate or commercial banking
- Able to prioritise and manage workload effectively and to specified deadlines
- Experience in high processing volume environments
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in accounting systems – completing reconciliations and working with various accounting systems
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team, where you manage your own time
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will constantly have to adapt - no two days are the same
- You a align with our 4 core values and you're simply a good human
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Other leave like volunteer days and birthday off per year
- Extra sick leave provided to give employees 15 days total per year
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to Mental Health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
- Health & Life Insurance
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Sara Talebi - Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.