Client Relationship Manager
- Remote, n/a, United Kingdom
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Account Management
- Division: Health and Fitness
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as Client relationship Manager to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
Overview of Role
Reporting to the Head of UK Clients, this is an important role within H&F business in the UK and will play a critical role in driving Xplor’s growth and transformation agenda in the United Kingdom.
The Client Relationship Manager (“CRM”) is responsible for share of wallet growth and development of mid-sized revenue clients. The role will focus on core account management principles focussing on client relationship repair, developing upsell opportunities as a solution to client/engagement issues.
By using consultative selling techniques and focusing on a defined client portfolio, the CRM will need to understand the challenges that our clients face when trading and be able to provide solutions to each client by articulating how our products and services can best solve the problems they face when running their business. We strive to empower passionate people and build long-term relationships by becoming a “trusted business partner” who can guide our clients in key decisions, leveraging our experience & long-standing position in their field. The CRM will remain a point of escalation for the client portfolio for all ongoing activity.
The CRM will be responsible for their own outcomes, (in particular, the achievement of an annual sales target). In so doing, the CRM will work closely with the HoUK Clients and HoBDM to define and create a growth plan across the existing mid-revenue client portfolio, specifically to create a by-client action plan to focus on share of wallet growth. The CRM is expected to source their own opportunities, whilst also see the value in being a “team player”.
The CRM will be required to meet with their client group and be comfortable in delivering standard client governance meetings (business reviews etc.).
The CRM role is to build that winning relationship, being the first point of contact with the client and therefore the role is critical in ensuring Xplor is the sole valued business partner.
- Delivery against key growth targets and to define and develop further opportunities to increase the share of wallet.
- Participate in and lead commercial and contractual negotiations (face-to-face).
- Take full ownership of client engagements, develop key stakeholder opportunities and act as escalation point for account activity.
- Delivery against objectives and critical strategic milestones for each Key Client in the KAM portfolio.
- Continuously evaluate gaps and focus on needs assessment, opportunity identification, initiating discussions with customers, developing and closing sales, and moving opportunities quickly through the pipeline. Pipeline management is critical.
- Sales process / Customer visits:
Primary objectives are: to a) Understand clients’ needs, b) present solutions, c) close/implement the business & d) regular meetings to discuss and review progress, introduce and create interest in additional products and services
- Establish, build & maintain on-going senior stakeholder relationships with client
- Effectively develop and maintain deep understanding of the needs of the prospects in your area. Display ability to convert true needs into opportunity
- Create win strategies that link client needs with our story, solution, value delivered and pricing
- Use consultative selling techniques, adhering to Xplor’s methodology (when we have one) to achieve demanding revenue targets and maintain business profitability
- Proactively seek product information and provide robust feedback on technology, product to product & delivery team
- Maximize share of prospect spend by proactively identifying new solution propositions. Be able to sell in the full range of Xplor’s products and services to the client.
- Continuously through process evaluate gaps and focus on each step of the pipeline, moving the client quickly through the pipeline
- Continuous monitoring and measurement of client satisfaction/UX and close management of any client at risk relationships.
- Other duties that from time to time may be required to support the UK region’s business objectives, including management of partnership relationships and support of any new business activity.
The CRM must be customer-centric, be able to grasp new concepts quickly and be able to effectively lead communication and commercial negotiations with the client. This role also requires the person to be result-focused and be able to identify, develop and convert upsell opportunities. The role will require the ability to turn-around strained client relationships and provide a consultative approach for upsell opportunities. It is critical that the candidate has the ability to engage with a client on a needs-analysis basis and link this journey to new Xplor product opportunities is also a key attribute.
Demonstrable experience working within a solution based sales role
· Proven experience in an Account Management or equivalent client relationship management role
· Proven track record of achieving sales targets through a range of product offerings (e.g. software, payments & value-added services)
· Experience in introducing and onboarding new customers and building successful relationships
· Fundamental understanding of software and payments products.
· Fundamental understanding of broader market segment.
· Excellent communication and listening skills
· Ability to identify opportunities and close deals through a “win / win” outcome
· Ability to ask probing questions to understand the needs of the customer, and then “solution sell” Xplor products.
· High degree of professionalism
· Strong desire to succeed, and able to motivate self and colleagues
· Ability to deal effectively with all types of people and build and maintain successful relationships with key business contacts
· Effective time management skills, including the ability to direct others to a desired outcome
· Excellent presentation skills
· Solid computer skills with ability to use MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce (or equivalent)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite of products are required.
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "MarketingRocket" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is our Talent Partner Abbi Staplehurst
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.