Strategic Programs Manager
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Executive
- Division: Executive
At Xplor, we help businesses thrive by making life simple for daily activities with a recurring nature. We do that by offering smart software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions across five “everyday life” verticals: Health and Fitness, Education, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services, and Personal Services. Learn more on our website: https://www.xplortechnologies.com/.
Xplor is seeking a Manager, Strategic Programs to focus on high-impact / high-value opportunities across all our business verticals and geographic regions. Reporting directly to Xplor’s Chief Transformation Officer, you’ll be responsible for identifying opportunities for value creation, and working with leaders across the organization to fully execute them. This team has historically been responsible for generating millions of dollars of incremental value annually and has demonstrated expertise in the areas of internal consulting strategic planning, sales growth, geographic expansion, post-merger integration, and cost rationalization. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a track record of results delivery across multiple disciplines. Experience in corporate strategy, program management, or transformation is required. This high-performing team includes alumni of Bain, Deloitte, and EY; Candidates with Management and Strategy Consulting experience are strongly preferred.
Ideally, this candidate will be located in one of our existing locations in St. Louis MO, Louisville, KY, West Palm Beach, FL or Atlanta, GA, however remote candidates will still be considered.
- Identify value creation opportunities across the entire business; build opportunity models and business cases to create alignment among executive leadership team
- Uncovering strategic insights by combining and analyzing multiple disparate data sources, leading to actionable plans for future business initiatives.
- Liaise with senior leaders and function heads across global businesses and regions to build strong working relationships
- Own value creation execution, with cross-functional program management and influence key stakeholders to generate results
- Define and track KPIs for all relevant initiatives, with ultimate ties to company EBITDA; report out regularly on progress
- Identify execution risks, escalate where appropriate, and manage through roadblocks to achieve modeled outcomes
- Pivot quickly across multiple opportunities to ensure maximum value creation and loss limitation as priorities shift
- Support corporate-wide special project initiatives, with focus on delivery of highly visible initiatives for leadership and investors
What you will do:
- Work with the Chief Transformation Officer to develop value creation initiatives
- Identify critical initiatives with the greatest potential to add value
- Formalize initiatives into business plans and targets (revenue/cost synergies, financial budgets) in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Identify key personnel to own and deliver these activities (within business verticals and support functions)
- Set meeting cadences, milestones and deadlines to maintain momentum and deliver the project plan
- Report activities and benefits into a ‘master plan’ and keep teams working towards this master plan
- Hold senior stakeholders accountable for delivery against the plan
Strategy & Transformation
- Ensure quality of bottom-up integration and strategic plans, including challenging recommendations and completeness / reasonableness of targets, synergies and merger costs
- Support senior executives within verticals to focus on and deliver critical integration activities with the greatest potential to add value
- Track master strategic/integration plans, synthesized across all acquisition integration and strategic project activity
- Track progress, anticipate dependencies and risks, resolve problems/issues (including cross-acquisition issues given multitude of M&A deals expected)
- Act as the ‘eyes and ears’ of the Xplor Executive Team on the ground; ensure the Executive Team quickly addresses issues requiring top-level input
- Work alongside project managers and lead analysts (leading integration efforts or strategic projects on the ground)
- Coordinate with key senior stakeholders across the organization, including Steering Committees and global integration teams
- Help develop overall communications around acquisition integration process, working with ‘People Comms’ in HR team to deliver effective communication
- Help build the change management capability of the organization (working with the Senior Strategic Programs Manager and HR)
- 4+ years of relevant experience in strategic operational and/or strategy consultancy roles
- Experience interacting with large source data sets using SQL
- Analytical skills – able to quickly create business cases and models that effectively influence executive decision-making
- Proficient in MS Office and able to manipulate and model numerical and financial information, integrating these into presentable formats
- Able to work independently, with limited day to day guidance
- Comfortable with ambiguity – willing to be proactive in gathering information and pushing projects forward with limited guidance
- Results oriented – able to stress test and push forward the program of work across value, people and process elements
- Strong organizational skills – able to deliver results in the face of shifting priorities, deadlines and demands
- Team player – able to coordinate resources and manage interdependencies across geographies and functions
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills and ability to build productive relationships throughout existing and acquired companies
- Excellent internal and external communication
- Willing to conduct travel throughout the US and internationally if required
Additional valuable experience
- Experience in software or consumer payments ecosystems
- Working in high-growth, scale-up companies
- Supporting execution and integration of acquired businesses
- Executing strategic projects to deliver target financial and strategic results
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
All Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.