Principal Back End Dev
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Software Engineering - BMS
- Division: Health and Fitness
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as a Software Engineer - Back End in Auckland to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You’ll join Xplor Health & Fitness and our Development team — the team that provides support and expertise to health clubs, gyms, community centres as well as the leisure, parks and recreation industry. Whether small and independent or large franchises, we build everything they need to run their business, motivate their customers and build lasting fitness communities.
Reporting into Developer Chapter Lead you’ll will be responsible for technical leadership in development, detailed designs, code quality and developer tools and frameworks as per our Developer Experience and Ways of Working.
Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have:
- Identify & Support opportunities across the design lifecycle that will deliver greater efficiency & quality outputs including fostering & influencing a product led mindset to our ways of working and use of internal tools.
- Contributor to the evolution of the Developer Chapter providing great support to the Chapter Lead and Solution Architects in attaining the Chapter goals and developing and coaching members of the Chapter
- Enabling greater productivity or lowering cost, Streamlining day to day activities for users of our software yet providing a secure, stable and supportable environment so that our Clients mindset fully recognises the ‘why Clubware’
- Facilitate a consistent approach to detailed designs that supports our world-class Saas product and resonates in the minds of our clients
What would make me a good candidate?
- Technical Leadership skills including relevant certifications - AWS, Node JS, Lambda, Kinesis, Mongo DB, React, API, Jenkins, Docker, Microservices, Event driven [Event Bridge]
- Front End experience preferably working in an AWS environment
- Proven skills in solving business problems.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with and influence stakeholders to complete agreed tasks
- Ability to deliver solutions and artifacts within given timeframes and available resources
- Confident in giving technical advice, mentoring, and coaching
- In-deep analytical skills and the ability to see the connections between layers of a business are connected and how business processes achieve their goals
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
- Health & Life Insurance
- A free weekly barista coffee
- Free fruit
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Eric Fallon - Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.