Internal Communications and Engagement Manager
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Internal Comms
- Division: People
We’re a global team of builders, listeners and problem-solvers. We do great work that is the difference to our clients’ success.
We are curious by nature, with a determination to learn, try new things and ask ourselves what’s next. We thrive in the fact there’s always more to learn and do.
No egos, no over-complication. Just great people who do everything in their power to help others succeed.
Together, we are Xplor.
Why we need you?
We want to unite our Xplorers (they’re smart, talented, agile and passionate) under one brand and vision, and make our company an amazing place to work. We know that clear communication is key to this. We also know how important it is that we engage our people.
What you’ll bring
We’re looking for a switched on, fast-moving, skilled communicator who can:
- Write really well. Skip the boring corporate speak. It might be an org announcement, talking points for execs, a how-to guide for the new tool you just launched or a Workplace post for one of the execs you’ll support. When it comes to writing, we keep it simple, flex for our audiences and always talk like normal people.
- Run a damn good event. Virtual or face to face, for 15 people or 1500 people – you’ll know how to make sure everything goes smoothly and people have an awesome time.
- Figure out new tech quickly and use it to land a message. We’ve got a simple but powerful channel set and you’ll need to be able to use all the tools to help our senior leaders get their messages out, whether that’s a written message, a podcast or video… or whatever else you come up with!
- Handle people brilliantly. One minute you’ll be coaching an exec before she speaks to a global audience over Teams or Workplace Live and then you’ll be working with Xplorers across Tech, Security, Marketing and our People team to launch a new channel/event/your next big idea. You’ll need to flex your style for your audience, be a great listener, cut to the heart of someone’s problem and be able to help craft the right solution.
- Plan, deliver and measure. We move fast, so you’ll need to be able to figure out the right direction and then get on with it. We like to measure everything we do, and learn from this so we keep getting better.
- Lean into any challenge. We’re a lean team, so no two days are the same. Think of all the activities involved in creating an incredible culture in a fast-paced high-growth environment and you’ll do them at some point. You’ll need to prioritize ruthlessly and be able to quickly assess a big workload and make the right call.
- Be part of a high-performing team. There’s a huge amount of opportunity in this role and you’re not facing it alone. You’ll be supported by the rest of the comms team and the wider team – and in return you’ll be cheering them on and jumping in to help when needed. At Xplor, we’ve always there for each other.
You might have a background in internal comms, journalism, media, marketing or engagement, or a combo of these and other things. You’ll be used to managing a big, diverse workload and prioritizing to get things done. You’ll be used to working with execs and senior leaders, knowing their time is precious and you’re there to be the expert on all things comms and engagement.
We’ve got loads to do, so we’ll work fast, smart and hard, and we’ll have plenty of fun while we do it. This isn’t your typical 9-5 job, we’re flexible in approach and we work with people across the globe. And that’s one of the reasons it’s awesome. You’ll be working with talented people who really care about what we do and how we make our customers’ lives easier. You’ll be self-sufficient and independent, quick to build networks and connections, and comfortable in a fast-paced, high-change environment.
We care about each other too, including our careers, so you should be ambitious and expect us to help you grow your career. You’ll do this primarily through new opportunities, working closely with seriously smart people you can learn from, plus personalised training when it makes sense.
If you’re up for a challenge and a hugely varied role with loads of opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
All Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.