Sales Development Representative
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Sales
- Division: Education
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as Sales Development Representative in Melbourne, Australia to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You’ll join Xplor Education and our SME Sales team — the team that provides the support and expertise educators need to manage their centres smoothly, improve parent engagement, and deliver the best educational experience, so that they can focus on what really matters - helping children succeed.
- Reporting into the Manager of New Business Sales, you’ll help us by contacting, educating, and converting customers to use our products. The Sales Development Representative role contributes to sales growth by Qualifying leads and set product demonstration appointments with potential new client accounts. Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have:
- Build and maintain sufficient pipeline coverage, including both inbound and outbound calling
- Keep up-to-date records of activities in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Maintain knowledge of any new products, features, and offers
- Interact, sell and build strong relationships with senior-level childcare centre operators
- Develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Attend and staff trade shows / in-person events when required
- Interact with accounts, leads, contacts, and opportunities according to sales department best practices, policies, and procedures
- Understand the customer pain points in running a childcare business, and map those to the unique value that the Xplor system provides
- Demonstrate empathy and build trust in external relationships with our clients
- Build and maintain a pipeline of new business and account expansion opportunities
What would make me a good candidate?
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, and naturally articulate
- Confident phone manner and active listening skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Show awareness of own strengths and areas for growth and develop and apply new skills
- Proactive, self-motivated learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human
- Previous experience in an outbound sales position
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- 8 weeks each year to work from anywhere in the world
- 3 day paid Volunteer Leave days per year
- Extra sick leave provided to give employees 15 days total per year
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "Salesrocket" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is our Talent Partner Dean.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please also note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check/Blue Card as part of their employment.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.