- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Security
- Division: Operations
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as a Security Analyst in Newcastle to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
You'll join Xplor Security, a global team that manages Security Operations for all of our products and services.
Reporting into the Regional Head of Security, you'll contribute to the security of our platforms and applications. The role executes protection of our software assets and infrastructure platforms from threat modelling through to penetration testing of customer facing assets. Some of the responsibilities you'll have are:
- Preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our information so that it can be safely shared and used to drive our growth and innovation - enabling information confidence
- Implementation of Application and Platform Security, enabling safe and confident product development
- Empower our people to be security assets - our first line of defence against the threats to our information security
- Mitigate the business loss arising from security issues by understanding security risk, monitoring for threats and responding to events appropriately
- Measurement of Key Risk Indicators aligned to our security controls
- Contribute to the global security strategy, security standards, enterprise security architecture, roadmap of security initiatives in alignment with group strategy, business unit strategies and business plans
- Participate in the deployment of security initiatives across the Group
- Supporting regional security management with trusted advice and guidance on security aspects across process, service and technology design
- Contributing to overall security operations, including incident response, awareness and intelligence
What would make me a good candidate?
We are looking for people who want to make a difference in Security, and welcome applications from those early in their career.
- 0-3 years experience in Technology, Security or Development
- Strong desire to learn new skills and figure out how things work
- Familiar with Cloud Services and Technology Infrastructure
- Critical thinking of the status quo
- Proactive, self-motivated learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals
- Ability to work with remote teams (local, regional and international)
- Comprehension of Infrastructure as Code and some general coding ability
- Strong at written communications
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Private medical insurance, 25 days holiday, pension and Death in service
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.