- Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Security
- Division: Operations
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as a Security Analyst in Auckland to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You'll join Xplor Operations, a global team that manages Security Operations for all of our products and services.
Reporting into APAC Head of Security, you'll contribute to the security of our platforms and applications. The role executes protection of our software assets and infrastructure platforms from threat modelling through to penetration testing of customer facing assets. Some of the responsibilities you'll have are:
- Preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our information so that it can be safely shared and used to drive our growth and innovation - enabling information confidence
- Implementation of Application and Platform Security, enabling safe and confident product development
- Empower our people to be security assets - our first line of defence against the threats to our information security
- Mitigate the business loss arising from security issues by understanding security risk, monitoring for threats and responding to events appropriately
- Measurement of Key Risk Indicators aligned to our security controls
- Contribute to the global security strategy, security standards, enterprise security architecture, roadmap of security initiatives in alignment with group strategy, business unit strategies and business plans
- Participate in the deployment of security initiatives across the Group
- Supporting regional security management with trusted advice and guidance on security aspects across process, service and technology design
- Contributing to overall security operations, including incident response, awareness and intelligence
What would make me a good candidate?
We are looking for people who want to make a difference in Security, and welcome applications from those early in their career.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Technology, Security or Development
- Strong desire to learn new skills and figure out how things work
- Familiar with Cloud Services and Technology Infrastructure
- Critical thinking of the status quo
- Proactive, self-motivated learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals
- Ability to work with remote teams (local, regionaland international)
- Comprehension of Infrastructure as Code and some general coding ability
- Strong at written communications
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
- Health & Life Insurance
- A free weekly barista coffee
- Free fruit
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Eric Fallon - Talent Acquisition Coordinator.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.