Principal Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
- Washington, DC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: People Leader
- Department: Software Engineering - BMS
- Division: Boutique Wellness
At Xplor, we help businesses thrive by making life simple for daily activities with a recurring nature. We do that by offering smart software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions across five "everyday life" verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
You'll join our Boutique Wellness team where we work with all types of fitness professionals. Personal training. Yoga. Bootcamp. Barre. Fitness - you name it. We offer the services they need, so that they can focus on what really matters - helping their members and clients succeed.
As a Principal Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure you will be responsible for leading engineering efforts related to the cloud infrastructure and shared services of Boutique Wellness. You will administer the Amazon Web Services accounts and contained resources within the Boutique Wellness group, comprised of numerous high-traffic applications and associated workflows serving our clients across the globe.
Leading the Infrastructure Team, you will extend and maintain our containerized workloads and pipelines and lead build out of robust actionable monitoring. You will oversee work areas including infrastructure security, networking, monitoring, and automation to guide and implement solutions. Operating from a centralized team, you will have the chance to provide architectural input for a variety of system designs while encouraging unified approaches.
Reports to: SVP Engineering
Location: Washington, DC or Remote in the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, Fl, GA, IL, IN MA, MD, MI, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, and VT.
Travel Requirements: Annual Engineering leadership offsite and team gatherings a couple times a year.
- Work with engineering leadership to secure and reliably operate workloads
- Manage a team of Site Reliability Engineers
- Work with software engineering teams to determine and deploy application infrastructure requirements
- Identify infrastructure patterns and provide shared reusable solutions
- Write clean, modular, well abstracted Terraform
- Ensure the reliable operation of production workloads with minimal downtime
- Establish service level indicators and related mechanisms for regular measurements
- Support system degradation events and their in-depth retrospectives
- At least 8 years experience building AWS infrastructure programmatically
- Hands-on experience developing and shipping production-grade web applications
- Experience designing and building a multi-account AWS ecosystem
- Strong familiarity with building least-privileged access policies with IAM
- Strong knowledge of AWS networking best practices re security and high availability
- Architectural knowledge of microservices, event-based systems, and monolithic applications
- Understanding of container orchestration frameworks (e.g. ECS)
- Bonus - Experience with relational database (PostgreSQL) performance monitoring, tuning, and scaling
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
All Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.