- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Software Engineering - BMS
- Division: Education
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join our team as a Fullstack Developer in Melbourne to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You’ll join Xplor Education and our Engineering team — the team that provides the support and expertise educators need to manage their centres smoothly, improve parent engagement, and deliver the best educational experience, so that they can focus on what really matters - helping children succeed.
Reporting to one of our Tech Leads, you’ll help us develop our product that allows education services to automate administration, streamline their financials and reporting, digitise attendance and bookings, record learning observations, and communicate with parents in real-time.
About the team
You'll be joining one of our Elixir teams as a Fullstack developer working on Elixir + Phoenix APIs and well as React/Typescript front-ends. No Elixir experience required, we will train you completely in Elixir, you just need to bring the can learn attitude.
We operate in small and lean cross-functional teams with minimal overhead and freedom to make our own decisions in how we work and get things done day-to-day.
Some of the responsibilities you’ll have:
- Work with the team to write code, participate in standups, be part of design, testing and code reviews.
- Work on new features as well as maintaining and improving our existing products. You'll be expected to own features from conception through to delivery and support.
- Regular exposure to all aspects of the business.
- Working with stakeholders outside of the engineering team.
- Be part of a team with a shared goal - disrupting a market through technology and improving the future of education.
How do you know if you'll be right for the role?
- A couple years of experience in delivering production-quality software, but we're not expecting you to be a pro in any single language
- Decent grasp of OOP or FP fundamentals
- No Elixir knowledge required (but bonus points if you do)
- Eager to learn and improve - you'll probably need to learn some new programming languages and tools with us, and that should excite you!
- Likes solving problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to think beyond programming, e.g. product, customer and business
- Familiar with relational databases and SQL (we use Postgres but any DB counts)
- Bonus points for CI/CD, Docker, AWS, any of that DevOps goodness
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- 8 weeks each year to work from anywhere in the world
- 3 day paid Volunteer Leave days per year
- Extra sick leave provided to give employees 15 days total per year
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "XplorToTheMoon" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is our Talent Partner Dean.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please also note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check/Blue Card as part of their employment.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.