- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Software Engineering - BMS
- Division: Health and Fitness
At Xplor, we help businesses thrive by making life simple for daily activities with a recurring nature. We do that by offering smart software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions across five “everyday life” verticals: Health and Fitness, Education, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
You’ll join our Health & Fitness team where we work with all types of businesses. Leisure. Parks and recreation. Community centers. Gyms. Health clubs - you name it. Whether small and independent or large franchises, we build everything they need to run their business, motivate their customers and build lasting fitness communities.
A key product in our Health and Fitness Division, PerfectMind is dedicated to helping our clients develop deeper relationships with their members through the development of our marketing leading Parks & Recreation Management Software.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Build an innovative product with Microsoft technologies, from back-end to front-end.
- Participate in daily scrum activities and collaborate on delivering projects in an agile environment.
- Contribute to product planning, architecture, and high-level design of new features
- Ideate innovative ways to address both technical and non-technical issues
- Write clean, tested, readable, high-quality code and review fellow team members’ code
- Investigate, find root causes and come up with solutions to fix issues fundamentally
- Participate in full-life cycle software development
- Educate self and other colleagues continuously
- 5+ years of experience in full cycle development of large-scale business systems
- Experience using ASP.Net MVC framework and C# over Microsoft SQL data repositories
- Deep understanding of OOP, SOA and Design Principles
- Ability to deal with high level of complexity in software product
- Understanding of cloud-native architectures and experience with AWS / Azure is a plus
Work Skills/ Personal Characteristics
- Adept at multitasking within fast-paced environments
- Proactive personality, willing to take initiative and own improvements
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of individuals in different technical and non-technical roles
- Pragmatic planner who can balance quality and delivering value to end users
- Excellent communication skills
- Quick learner who also enjoys helping others learn and improve
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.