Head of Operational Excellence
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Customer Service
- Division: Operations
At Xplor we help businesses succeed by giving them the software, payments and commerce-enabling solutions they need to thrive. We know our clients and partners because we once were our clients. We understand their industry, customers and unique goals, so that we can help them overcome obstacles and leave a lasting legacy.
Xplor serves over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020. The group’s offering combines enterprise software solutions for businesses in five industry verticals - Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services - and a global, cloud-based processing platform that allows clients to seamlessly and securely process payments for their services.
Xplor is owned by Advent International, one of the largest and most experienced global private equity investors. The firm has invested in over 350 private equity transactions in 41 countries, and as of September 30, 2020, had $66.2 billion in assets under management. With 15 offices in 12 countries, the firm focuses on investments in five core sectors, including business and financial services; health care; industrial; retail, consumer and leisure; and technology.
At the heart of Operational Excellence there are 5 core pillars that we focus on: Process Solutions, Product Integration, Innovation, Customer Experience and Knowledge. As the Head of Operational Excellence you will act as the primary point of contact for all things related across the UK and Europe. You will work alongside the Senior Leadership Team within the region and Globally to identify and implement strategic and tactical solutions. Alongside this you will be responsible for building the improvement program pipeline while embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
What you will do
- Manage continuous improvement and automation program across all Service Delivery platforms and implement automation & digitization tools and processes to improve the customer and client journey, supporting the implementation of the new CCaS combined with workflow tools and AI
- Support driving transformation and automation of VAS (value added services) to build world class call centre capabilities and lead the transition from call centre led to digital first models.
- Drive service innovation and new service implementation process together with commercial based on customer needs
- Ensure the implementation of continuous training, testing & improvement via simulation
- Collaborate with process owners across different regional and functional teams to facilitate effective process development.
- Defining, implementing, measuring, and improving standard work processes that will drive customer experience, operational efficiency and performance improvement. Analysing and improving existing processes to ensure consistently friction less customer outcomes.
- Reviewing processes end-to-end, through the eye of the business, customers, and other key stakeholders identifying where friction exists and plan how to remove it
- Use a data driven approach to solve complex and business critical problems
- Support the introduction of innovation/technology into process, where appropriate and commercially viable, to deliver impactful results
- Develop a review and feedback mechanism to continuously improve and update our processes and ensure lessons learned and evolving best practice (including external best practices) are adopted
- Ensuring project governance, communication, and reporting throughout projects
- Experience in large scale contact center or service delivery operational excellence leadership role(s) at global organizations
- Deep understanding of best practice contact centre operations and service metrics worldwide
- Proven analytical, statistical and organizational skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and motivational skills
- Demonstrates Xplor’s values (Make life simple, Build for People, Move with Purpose & Create lasting communities)
- Demonstrated experience in delivering tactical projects per plan
- Execution of business tactical plans
- Excellent relationship building and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and flexibility, able to manage fast paced change
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Abbi Staplehurst - TA business partner .
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.