Global Learning and Development Lead, Service Delivery
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Role type: People Leader
- Department: Learning and Development
- Division: People
At Xplor we help businesses succeed by giving them the software, payments and commerce-enabling solutions they need to thrive.
We know our clients and partners because we once were our clients. We understand their industry, customers and unique goals, so that we can help them overcome obstacles and leave a lasting legacy.
Together, we supercharge success.
This role is about delivering an optimal customer experience and an engaged contact centre team through the development and delivery of a learning and development (L&D) solution for the Global Service Delivery (GSD) organisation:
- Builds an environment with tools and resources that enable Xplorers to reach their full potential, both inside and outside the contact centres
- Provides contact centre agents with the required knowledge of Xplor's payment products, systems and processes
- Develops the skills that are needed to deliver the best customer experience
- Works closely with the team-leads and people leaders to become the best leaders they can be
Key responsibilities include:
- The day to day management of the Global GSD L&D team
- Development and delivery of the L&D strategy for GSD, aligned to the global L&D strategy
- Working with GSD leadership to identify organisational and team specific opportunities that will be addressed through tailored L&D solutions, taking a global view at all times
- Design and (overseeing of the ) delivery of learning interventions at scale and in alignment with operational demands, in both remote and in-person locations
- Personal facilitation of training and coaching experiences
- Ownership of the GSD section of Xplor's Learning Xperience System (LXP), incl. content.
- Functional and technical onboarding program for GSD contact centre agents and team-leaders
- Support of new business initiatives through employee training and development, fostering best-in-class employee experiences
- Design of assessment strategies and tools
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal partners and key stakeholders through proactive communication
- Stays current with L&D and contact centre industry trends and uses that knowledge to innovate
Here's what we are looking for:
- Familiarity with traditional, virtual, and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations, blended learning, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to build and maintain successful and collaborative relationships in a matrix organisation.
- Credibility to influence fellow Xplorers, including people leaders and executives
- Strategic thinking ability to create informed learning solutions that advance both the colleague and the customer experience
- Willingness to work in a global organisation, adapting to different time zones
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 1+ years of experience in a people leadership role
- 3+ years of progressive experience in an L&D role, preferably in a call centre environment
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Abbi Staplehurst - TA business partner .
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.