Business Development Manager
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Sales
- Division: Health and Fitness
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as a Business Development Manager in Auckland to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You’ll join Xplor Health & Fitness and our Sales team — the team that provides support and expertise to health clubs, gyms, community centres as well as the leisure, parks and recreation industry. Whether small and independent or large franchises, we build everything they need to run their business, motivate their customers and build lasting fitness communities.
Reporting into Head of Gyms, ANZ you’ll help us actively seek out new business opportunities. This will include supporting new business development by attending prospective client meetings, proposing marketing tactics, and generating proposals. Researching prospects, cold calling, using social media to develop genuine prospects. Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have:
- Develop strong networks and referral relationships
- Exceed revenue targets based on volume, revenue, and margin
- Generate new clients to achieve agreed targets. Provide an accurate, up to date pipeline and conversion details within Salesforce
- Forecast and monitor customer sales to ensure forecasts and planning is accurate, and report on discrepancies as appropriate
- Develop exceptional client relationships to ensure a source of referrals and testimonials
- Maintain excellent client relationships and communicate with them regularly (internal and external) at every opportunity
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Gyms (ANZ), CCO, Account Managers and Account Administrators in nurturing existing relationships with existing clients and contractors
What would make me a good candidate?
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Business Development or a Sales Management role within the health and fitness industry
- Experience and success in contract negotiation and account development
- Experience managing client relationships at multiple levels, from frontline to Board level
- Budgeting, sales, selling, and forecasting skills
- Operational process and service delivery skills
- Customer Service and Account Management knowledge
- Previous experience using Salesforce is advantageous
- Proactive, self-motivated learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- Motivated by a fast paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to EAP
- Fully flexible work arrangements
- Health & Life Insurance
- A free weekly barista coffee
- Free fruit
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Robert Keyworth, Talent Partner -APAC
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.