Senior Software Developer
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Software Engineering - BMS
- Division: Health and Fitness
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as Senior Software Developer in Vacouver to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
You’ll join Xplor Health & Fitness and our PerfectMind team — the team that provides support and expertise to health clubs, gyms, community centres as well as the leisure, parks and recreation industry. Whether small and independent or large franchises, we build everything they need to run their business, motivate their customers and build lasting fitness communities.
Some other responsibilities you'll have:
- Build an innovative product with Microsoft technologies, from back-end to front-end.
- Participate in daily scrum activities and collaborate on delivering projects in an agile environment.
- Planning and implementing new features in collaboration with product and design
- Write clean, tested, and well-documented code
- Diagnose problems and defects by collecting information, finding root causes, and fixing them
- Participate in full-life cycle software development
- 6-8 years of experience in full-cycle development
- Experience using ASP.Net MVC framework and C# over Microsoft SQL data repositories
- Strong understanding of OOP, Design Principles, Data Structures, Algorithms and Performance
- Good knowledge of AWS services and cloud-native applications considered a plus
- Professional and articulate communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- Motivated by a fast paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human
Travel Requirements: None
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognize our team members.
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.