Business Development Manager
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Sales
- Division: Health and Fitness
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as a Business Development Manager in the UK to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a studio and picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
BDM is the new business sales role within Xplor, that is focused on targeting Health & Fitness clients. You will focus on all aspects of the sales process from prospecting, through full discovery stage and ensure a long standing business partnership where value delivered to the client translates into maximized long term value for Xplor duties will include.
- Using consultative selling techniques to build and win relationships.
- Responsible for your own outcomes (in particular, the achievement of your annual sales target)
- Prospect and manage your pipeline in the manner you see as being most effective.
- Source your own leads and create your own opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with the marketing team for demand generation.
- Moving prospect clients through the sales process to close.
- Working closely with both the sales support, implementation and client servicing teams to onboard new clients.
What would make me a good candidate?
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a solution based sales role, selling in a B2B environment.
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets through a range of product offerings (e.g. software, payments & value-added services)
- Experience in introducing and onboarding new customers and building successful relationships
- Ability to identify opportunities and close deals through a win/win outcome
- Strong desire to succeed, and able to motivate
- Ability to deal effectively with all types of people and build and maintain successful relationships with key business contacts
- Excellent presentation skills
- Previously used a sales CRM for example Salesforce
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Flexible work options
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Abbi Staplehurst.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.