- Auckland, New Zealand
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Software Engineering - BMS
- Division: Health and Fitness
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as a Product Owner in Auckland to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You’ll join Xplor Health & Fitness and our Development team — the team that provides support and expertise to health clubs, gyms, community centres as well as the leisure, parks and recreation industry. Whether small and independent or large franchises, we build everything they need to run their business, motivate their customers and build lasting fitness communities.
Reporting into Head of Product and Technology you’ll help us understand the product vision and strategy ensuring it aligns to corporate strategy, and relevant business metrics. Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have include:
- Work with the Head of Product & Technology to understand the product strategy, vision, and roadmap
- Understand the business needs of our customers
- Focus on value to customers and incremental delivery – with approaches such as a minimum viable product and incremental enhancements
- Maximises the return on investment (ROI) for work done by their agile team
- Showcase both development and release of new feature and functionality as well as being able to showcase the overall product to key stakeholders and clients.
- Identify and eliminate low value work undertaken by their agile team
- Break work down into features, ensuring product value is represented in each feature
- Write features and stories and define acceptance criteria and definition of done (including measures for acceptance criteria and definition of done)
- Work with stakeholders (technical leads, business sponsors, other business units and third parties) to ensure they input into the design of the features and stories
What would make me a good candidate?
- A solid understanding of Scrum and can excel in agile environments
- Takes a product focus/looks at problems through a product lens
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office Suite i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Can produce wireframes, entity relationships and flow/sequence diagrams
- Can analyse customer and business data to gain insights
- Understand customer and business benefits and able to articulate these and quantify benefits through various methods including revenue growth, cost saving, customer satisfaction
- Proactive, self-motivated learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- Motivated by a fast paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
- Health & Life Insurance
- A free weekly barista coffee
- Free fruit
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Robert Keyworth, Talent Partner APAC
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.