Cloud Solution Architect (Azure)
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Xplor, we help businesses thrive by making life simple for daily activities with a recurring nature. We do that by offering smart software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions across five “everyday life” verticals: Health and Fitness, Education, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services, and Personal Services.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Cloud Solution Architect (Azure) who is hands-on and comes from a development background (must understand the infrastructure services needed for public cloud). You will be responsible for definition, maintenance and communication of solution and system architectures, mainly based on public cloud native technologies, SaaS and event driven integrations. You will also collaborate and work with developers and engineers to guide detailed solution and system design and brings together the intentional and emerging architecture. You will be accountable for the alignment of the solution to target architecture, best practices, and the approved design.
- Support the assigned Squad teams, provide architecture leadership, and ensure alignment of the solution to target architecture and standards.
- Develop, guide, and ensure quality and obtain buy in for both Solution and System Architecture deliverables of the squad and solutions of accountability.
- Guide and collaborate with engineers/developers in developing good quality detailed designs and implementing quality solutions aligned to target architecture and best practices.
- Ensure that the architecture, design, and relevant implementation exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability.
- Translate architecture design in patterns (including code patterns)
- Contribute to recommendations on long reaching technology decisions. Contribute to the development of proof of concepts and product comparisons (e.g. RFP, RFI, LAP). Generate formal analysis reports/reviews (to the appropriate level).
- Ensure the solution and system architecture, designs and implementations comply to approved design, target architecture and best practices.
- Maintain architecture and design artefacts and documentation for the solutions and systems of accountability.
- Review architecture, design, code and tests and act as tech lead for the assigned solutions/systems.
- Assist other Architects in the development of other solution/system architecture and design deliverables.
- Champion technology innovation to deliver business improvements and benefits to customers.
- Champion and monitor the adoption of the enterprise architecture, enterprise governance processes, policies, guidelines, and principles. Develop and improve design patterns and ensure their adoption.
- Champion a positive architecture function reputation, collaborate and coach engineers/developer and present architecture deliverables to wider audiences, both internal and external.
Core technical competencies, knowledge, and experience:
- Experience in cloud native IaaS/PaaS services in Azure.
- Expert knowledge in public cloud native application development in Azure.
- Proven work experience as hands-on Solution/System Architect for solutions based on SaaS and cloud native technologies.
- Proficiency in design patterns and modelling languages (e.g. UML).
- Proficiency with IaC (Terraform, Ansible/Puppet)
- Proficiency with DevOps practices (CI/CD, IaC, Automated Testing, Observability, etc.) and tools including Azure DevOps.
- Understanding of Integration, APIs, Pub/Sub, Streams, Data Storage and Data modelling.
- Understanding of modern back and front-end development languages
- Good understanding of Agile ways of working and related technologies.
- Good understanding of Governance and Security practices
Core non-technical competencies, knowledge, and experience:
- Adherence to agile development practices
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while achieving benchmarks.
- Fast learner and independent worker.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field (2.1 upwards)
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
All Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.