Intermediate QA Analyst
- Burnaby, BC, Canada
At Xplor, we help businesses thrive by making life simple for daily activities with a recurring nature. We do that by offering smart software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions across five “everyday life” verticals: Health and Fitness, Education, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
You’ll join our Health & Fitness team where we work with all types of businesses. Leisure. Parks and recreation. Community centers. Gyms. Health clubs - you name it. Whether small and independent or large franchises, we build everything they need to run their business, motivate their customers and build lasting fitness communities.
A key product in our Health and Fitness Division, PerfectMind is dedicated to helping our clients develop deeper relationships with their members through the development of our marketing leading Parks & Recreation Management Software.
As an Intermediate Quality Assurance Analyst, you will play a key role in ensuring our products are of high quality and exceed our customer and end-user expectations. You will be responsible for performing daily QA tasks, testing both standard and Web applications, following internal QA processes, and delivering QA artifacts (such as test cases, defect reports, etc.) You will also be responsible for creating and executing of functional and regression automation test suites.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback during and after testing
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases that can be automated
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, document and track defects through to their resolution
- Perform functional and regression testing through automation
- Liaise with internal team members (ex. Developers, Business Analysts, Product Managers, and Support) to ensure quality in every stage of product development process
- Stay up to date with new testing tools, technologies, and test strategies
- 5+ years of software testing experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on experience with automation testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience in API testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Work Skills/Personal Characteristics:
- Excellent English is a must (verbal and written communication skills)
- Ability to write clear, concise and comprehensive test cases
- Ability to critically think and align personal goals with the team, department and company goals
- Ability to creatively and proactively solve problems
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to accomplish complicated projects under tight schedules and in a fast-paced environment
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.