DevOps Engineer - AWS
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as DevOps Engineer - AWS in Melbourne to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You’ll join Xplor Education and our Engineering team — the team that provides the support and expertise educators need to manage their centres smoothly, improve parent engagement, and deliver the best educational experience, so that they can focus on what really matters - helping children succeed.
Reporting into our Infrastructure Manager, you will be part of a small team supporting all IT requirements across the business, often working closely with the Delivery and Product teams (developers, QA, analysts) and with a heavy focus on the infrastructure and products hosted in AWS. Further, you will:
- Improve AWS Cloud usage & management through Infrastructure as Code (IaC), monitoring & alerting, container management, security uplift
- Improve CI/CD
- Provide expertise in the design of new services in AWS
- Provide leadership, guidance, mentoring and training to the Systems Engineers and Systems Administrators within the team
- Contribute to the management and migration of other infrastructure on-prem, colocation and Azure
- Help drive forward the IT vision
What would make me a good candidate?
- You'll demonstrate systems thinking, considering the performance of the entire system, never allowing local optimisation to create global degradation and seeking to improve flow
- You'll amplify feedback loops through monitoring, testing and process improvement to learn and adapt faster
- You've got broad experience of the tech stack in use (T-Shaped people to form T-Shaped teams)
- You're a continuous learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals and adopt experimentation as a means to learn faster
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human
Tech Stack you’ll get your hands on:
- AWS services such as EC2, Aurora, S3, CloudFront, CloudWatch, API Gateway, etc
- Container technologies such as Docker
- APM (NewRelic, AppSignal)
- CI/CD (BuildKite)
- Linux and Amazon AMIs
- Other systems the team handles, such as Windows servers and Azure
We don’t expect you to have hands-on experience with every technology. However, every bit helps.
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
More about us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "makeedugreat" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is our Talent Partner Dean.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit https://www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please also note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check/Blue Card as part of their employment.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.