Backend Engineer- Brandbot
- Boston, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Xplor, we help businesses thrive by making life simple for daily activities with a recurring nature. We do that by offering smart software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
You’ll join our Health & Fitness team where we work with all types of businesses. Leisure. Parks and recreation. Community centers. Gyms. Health clubs - you name it. Whether small and independent or large franchises, we build everything they need to run their business, motivate their customers and build lasting fitness communities.
We are looking for experienced backend engineers with Micorservice experience who are excited about the challenge of building and scaling the Brandbot platform here at Xplor.
As a member of the team working on the Brandbot platform, you will help us develop the APIs, services, and infrastructure that power our marketing and communication platform as well as customer-facing products. You will work closely with a smart and dedicated team to solve challenging problems across a variety of domains and technology.
Our technical stack includes: NodeJs, Serverless, PHP, AWS and VueJs.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Boston, MA or Remote USA
- Contributing clean, performant code to our core and legacy platforms
- Refactoring and optimizing existing code in line with current and emergent best practices
- Collaborating closely with product stakeholders, designers, and your fellow engineers to deliver features that support our business objectives
- Proactively writing tests and documentation to ensure the health and maintainability of shipped code
- Providing constructive feedback on your colleagues’ pull requests, and accepting constructive feedback on your own PRs in return
- Participating actively and thoughtfully in the full Agile development lifecycle, from planning to testing to release
- 2+ years experience building scalable and performant REST APIs
- Experience creating or consuming public-facing APIs and web hooks
- Proficiency with SQL and strong data modeling skills
- Experience working with and deploying to a cloud computing platform (AWS preferred)
- BONUS: Experience building SaaS platforms or customer-facing products
Work Skills/Personal Characteristics:
- Strong desire to learn new things
- Hard working, open to constructive feedback, and ready to do the best work of your career
- Strong Communication Skills
- Quick learner, willing to take initiative
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Travel Requirements: None
To learn more about us, our brands and products, please visit: https://www.xplortechnologies.com/
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.