Site Reliability Engineer - Boutique
- Washington, DC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Xplor, we help businesses thrive by making life simple for daily activities with a recurring nature. We do that by offering smart software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
You’ll join our Boutique Wellness team where we work with all types of fitness professionals. Personal training. Yoga. Bootcamp. Barre. Fitness - you name it. We offer the services they need, so that they can focus on what really matters - helping their members and clients succeed.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer who is excited about the challenge of reliably operating and scaling Boutique product platforms, which are already making waves in the fitness industry.
As a member of the Cloud Infrastructure team, you will help us develop the delivery pipelines, monitoring services, and infrastructure that serves our teams' best-in-class software and customer-facing products. You will work closely with a smart and dedicated team to solve challenging problems across a variety of domains, including monitoring and alerting, containers, networking, scalability, and many more.
Our technical stack includes: Terraform, PostgreSQL, DataDog, Python, numerous AWS services including RDS, ECS, Lambda, CloudFront, EventBridge, CodePipeline and more.
Reports to: Principal Engineer
Location: Washington, DC, USA (Or remotely in one of the following US States: AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MI, NC, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA.)
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Contributing clean infrastructure code to optimize system reliability, performance, and efficiency
- Collaborating closely with product stakeholders and engineering teams to deliver and scale secure, stable, observable applications
- Proactively writing monitors and alerts to ensure actionable data insights are provided to application and infrastructure teams
- Documenting to ensure the utility and maintainability of the platform and shared services
- Participating in operations and on-call duties
- Providing constructive feedback on your colleagues’ pull requests, and accepting constructive feedback on your own PRs in return
- Participating actively and thoughtfully in the full Agile development lifecycle, from planning to testing to release
- 3+ years experience in professional software development
- Thorough knowledge of web application performance monitoring
- History of automating complex workloads
- Proficiency for analyzing time-series data
- Experience administering UNIX-like operating systems
- Experience working on a high-traffic tiered web application
- Experience with container orchestration frameworks
- Experience with serverless technologies
- Experience with event-driven systems
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
Work Skills/Personal Characteristics
- Ability to communicate clearly and kindly with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Able to work as a part of a team, but also pursue individual objectives
- Willing to be a mentor to your colleagues and learn from them as well
- An interest in learning about various technologies, our products, and the boutique fitness industry
To learn more about us, our brands and products, please visit: https://www.xplortechnologies.com/
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.