Head of Finance
AI is reshaping our world, and Xapien is at the epicentre of this revolutionary change. We're in search of an exceptional Head of Finance. If you would like to play a crucial role in the growth and success of an ambitious, AI scale-up with an innovative and unique product, read on.
Every business, charity or institution in the world needs to know who they are doing business with. Xapien helps them answer that question – quickly and accurately.
Our AI-powered automated platform revolutionises background research.
Gathering meaningful and relevant information on who you are engaging with is difficult, expensive and time-consuming. It takes hours of manual work to find, review and analyse the ever-growing volume of data available. We enable organisations to gain a full picture of who they’re doing business with - in minutes.
Xapien uses deep AI, NLP and machine learning to collate, read and distil vast amounts of online information quickly and comprehensively. In the time it takes to make a coffee.
We are a well-funded, VC-backed scale-up and have ambitious plans for growth and supporting and developing our relationships with customers plays a central role in that.
About the role:
We are looking for a driven and successful finance professional to join the team. You will be responsible for the finance function of the business with a core focus on running day-to-day finance operations as well as optimising systems, processes and reporting. This role will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
The role involves:
- Taking ownership of the finance function and liaising with Founders and leadership team to provide financial insights as the business grows.
- Playing a key role in supporting the business in executing expansion strategy and fundraising.
- Financial Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and execute financial strategies that align with the company's growth objectives and financial goals.
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process, providing valuable insights and recommendations.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports, including management accounts, income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Analyse financial data to provide actionable insights and recommendations to senior management and investors.
- Operational finance management:
- Managing our payroll provider and pension scheme provider.
- Managing the outsourced bookkeeping firm.
- Overseeing treasury, FX and cashflow including optimise working capital management to maximise liquidity and support ongoing operations.
- Support fund raising activities in preparation financial projection and key KPIs.
- Leading on engagements with HMRC including EMI valuations, EIS approvals and R&D Tax Credits.
- Technology and Systems Enhancement:
- Continuously assess and improve financial systems and tools to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Implement best practices in financial technology and automation.
- At least 3 years in a finance team in a SaaS company.
- Excellent communication skills – both in written and oral, including via video calls.
- Proven experience as a finance leader is essential.
- Excellent FP&A experience including knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- The desire to learn and own the broad spectrum of roles listed above.
- The ability to strategize and solve problems.
- Proficiency in financial software and systems.
- A strong educational background with a degree from one of the world’s top universities.
- Experience in dealing with investors and external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities.
- Previous experience implementing systems and processes in growing businesses with £5M+ revenue.
- This role requires demonstrable leadership experience in fast paced, dynamic environments.
- Has a passion for supporting and developing team members and celebrating success.
More about us:
Everyone at Xapien is working together to build something transformational. It’s hard, challenging and exciting work for which we all share in the rewards that come from success. We strive to pay great salaries for great people but most importantly, everyone in Xapien owns shares in the business we are building together.
For this role, we’re looking at a range between £65,000 to £100,000.
We are working to a hybrid model, you’ll be spending around of 2 days a week working and having fun with us in our dedicated WeWork office in Moorgate. Outside that, you’ll find us working from home or in the office - it's up to you!
We provide a fast-paced, friendly and rewarding working environment, as well as:
- You will own a meaningful part of the business through our employee shares & equity programme
- Private health insurance to keep you in tip-top condition
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited holidays
- Everyone is learning, developing and challenging themselves so we have a £1k professional development fund per year
- Most importantly of all, we will work with you, to help you to realise your fullest potential.
On the day to day stuff:
- All the tools and software you need to be effective and make your working life easier
- Regular team lunches and drinks
- Flexible working hours meaning you can plan your workday around your own schedule
- Fun and inclusive monthly social events, from poker nights to axe throwing and mini-golf
- We want you to be your best self - we will be standing beside you on mental and physical wellbeing