IT Specialist MID - 440-19
- Baltimore, MD, USA
Are you looking for a Company that values the success of its employees? If so, World IT Solutions (WITS) is for you! We know how important it is to keep up to date on all training and certifications. We offer our employees free online training and certificate testing reimbursement. At WITS We Initiate Tomorrow’s Success by providing resources to ensure our employees are successful in their careers.
We are seeking an IT Specialist MID with to join our team in Baltimore, MD.
- Position provides direct desk-side support to the customer, troubleshoots and repairs IT devices.
- Under general direction, applies specialized knowledge in a single discipline such as assembly/integration, cross-discipline functions, data engineering, industry expertise, knowledge engineering or legacy evolution.
- Applies specialization to conceptualize, design, construct, test and implement portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
- Interacts with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context and organizational strategic direction.
- Defines scope, plans and deliverables for assigned projects.
- Collects, identifies, defines and organizes detailed user and information technology requirements.
- Coordinates and collaborates with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Confirms and prioritizes project plans and deliverables with the customer.
- Participates in business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, enhancement and conversions.
- Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify and resolve business and or technical problems.
- Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project criteria.
- Prepares system documentation.
- Establishes and maintains security, integrity and business continuity controls and documents.
- Participates in special studies.
- Stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Assists information engineers on application of specialized knowledge to coding, testing, implementation and documentation projects.
- Active DoD Security clearance required.
- Must be willing and able to pass a background check and drug screening.
- 4-9 Years of experience in Information Systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows OS, versions 7, 8, 10, HP Service Manager, Remedy, or similar Service/Help Desk ticket management software, and basic network troubleshooting.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows OS, Active Directory, Service Manager, Remedy, Remote Desktop, and Hardware/Software troubleshooting.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Basic network troubleshooting (TCP IP)
- A+ Certification on hand on first day. (Could accept Network +, Security +, or CISSP) required.
- NMCI experience or knowledge preferred
- Excellent customer service / customer interaction skills.
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills for trouble-shooting and trouble ticket handling.
- Valid Microsoft 98-349 certification (Windows 10) or equivalent training in the following MS Windows 10 topics:
• Understanding operations system configurations
• Installing and upgrading client systems
• Managing applications
• Managing files and folders
• Managing devices
• Understanding operating system maintenance
World IT Solutions (WITS) is a full-service design, engineering, and consulting firm specializing in the information technology, information assurance, and telecommunications industries. WITS, founded in 2000, provides professional IT architect and design consulting services as well as field engineers and operations and maintenance specialists to meet our military, government, and commercial client needs.
World IT Solutions (WITS) LLC, headquartered in Bowie, MD, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tec-Masters, Inc.
Find more company information at www.witsllc.com