AST Network (VOIP) Communications Engineer Sr. - 367-18 TMI
- Pearl Harbor, HI 96706, USA
TMI is a certified ISO-9001, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 appraised, and Six Sigma-certified, minority owned small disadvantaged business (SDB). Founded in 1988, TMI has provided innovative, robust, and unsurpassed dedication to training, training development, analysis, experimentation, IT, engineering, logistics support, multimedia, and management services to our client base. TMI is headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama with major offices in Lawton, OK; Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA; and Washington, DC.
Tec-Masters, Inc (TMI) has a robust benefits package for full time employees. TMI offers healthcare, dental, vision, and basic life insurance to full time employees. We also offer long term and short term disability, supplemental life insurance, supplemental health care, and a flexible spending account (FSA). We provide a 401(K) retirement plan with a safe harbor company match. Full time employees are provided 11 paid holidays, 120 hours to use for vacation/sick/personnel business, and tuition assistance of $3,500 per year.
World IT Solutions (WITS) LLC, headquartered in Lanham, MD, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tec-Masters, Inc.
Find more company information at www.tecmasters.com.
We are seeking an AST Network (VOIP) Communications Engineer Sr. to work at Pearl Harbor, HI.
- Provide tier III NOC support – VoIP Engineer role is to coordinate strategies for defining, deploying, and maintaining the Enterprise IP telephony voice communication architecture and its associated network connections and component hardware. This includes managing all engineering projects for VoIP initiatives, planning technologies and configuring and optimizing all VoIP/IP telephone systems and services, both internally and those integrated with Internet-based services.
- Also, the VoIP Engineers mandate will be to maintain SLAs for all organizational IP telephony applications.
- Design and support VoIP infrastructure and its associated software, including call management systems, voice mail, and interactive voice response.
- Select, deploy, and utilize appropriate tools for reporting and routing of IP telephony traffic on the network.
- Provide leadership for implementing new VoIP products or services, as well as the technical resources required to manage them.
- Collaborate with help desk to resolve trouble tickets and mitigate end-user issues with VoIP hardware and/or applications.
- Train and mentor junior engineers and other members of the telecommunications department.
- Monitor and identify capacity and performance issues for VoIP traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of telephony systems.
- Collaborate with network engineers or administrators to ensure that VoIP traffic does not interfere with or hinder network data traffic.
- Ten plus (10+) Working technical knowledge of VoIP/IP telephony systems, software, and hardware, including knowledge of SIP, H.323, and TCP/IP protocols.
- Strong understanding VoIP QoS issues and mitigation strategies.
- Direct experience with Cisco routers and switches.
- Working knowledge of GigE, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP and ATM is desirable.
- Previous experience working on military bases/sites, including previous military service highly desirable.
- VTC experience desirable.
- Strong VOIP experience required to include the following:
- CUCM User management
- IP routing in Cisco Collaboration Solutions
- SCCP – Call Flows, Call states, Endpoint Types
- MGCP – Call Flows, Call states, Endpoint Types
- H.323 and RAS
- Voice and video CODECs
- RTP, RTCP, and SRTP
- Device registration and redundancy
- Call features Call Park, Call Pickup, BLF Speed dials, etc.
- Dial plans
- CUCM serviceability and OS administration – Database Replication
- CUCM Disaster Recovery
- Partition Management
- Bulk Uploads
- Call Admission Control
- SIP and H.323 trunks
- Cisco IOS-based call queuing
- CUBE – SIP profiles
- Cisco IOS dial plan
- Quality of Service and Security in Cisco Collaboration Solutions
- QoS: classification and marking
- Cisco Unity Connection
- Manage, maintain and monitor VoIP/VTC infrastructure.
- Deploy, configure, and troubleshoot eventually 500K+ Cisco IP phones for DoD NGEN US Navy.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoots voice infrastructure, including the Unified Contact Center Express, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, IVR, CER, Unified Communication and other voice platforms.
- Provide Expert level technical support for operational and troubleshooting support of VoIP infrastructure
- Strong communications, writing and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals involved in the networking process.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in an organized fashion with focus on documented activity.
- Flexibility to occasionally work an unusual schedule required.
- Positive attitude and high initiative.
- IAT-II / GSEC; Security+ CE; SSCP or CCNA-Security
- Active DoD Security Clearance Required
- Operating System Certification (Cisco, Brocade, Juniper, etc.) CCNP required, CCIE preferred.
- ITIL v3 Foundations Preferred
- Available to work 09:00-17:00, Mon-Fri. (DAY SHIFT); Rotational on-call.
Tec-Masters is a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. We are proud of our diverse environment, EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet.