Communications Network Engineer Sr. - 366-18 TMI
- Pearl Harbor, HI 96706, USA
TMI is a certified ISO-9001, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 appraised, and Six Sigma-certified, minority owned small disadvantaged business (SDB). Founded in 1988, TMI has provided innovative, robust, and unsurpassed dedication to training, training development, analysis, experimentation, IT, engineering, logistics support, multimedia, and management services to our client base. TMI is headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama with major offices in Lawton, OK; Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA; and Washington, DC.
Tec-Masters, Inc (TMI) has a robust benefits package for full time employees. TMI offers healthcare, dental, vision, and basic life insurance to full time employees. We also offer long term and short term disability, supplemental life insurance, supplemental health care, and a flexible spending account (FSA). We provide a 401(K) retirement plan with a safe harbor company match. Full time employees are provided 11 paid holidays, 120 hours to use for vacation/sick/personnel business, and tuition assistance of $3,500 per year.
World IT Solutions (WITS) LLC, headquartered in Lanham, MD, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tec-Masters, Inc.
Find more company information at www.tecmasters.com.
We are looking for a Communications Network Engineer Sr. to join our team at Pearl Harbor, HI.
The Communications Network Engineer Sr. will be responsible for the following:
- Provide administrative support for the Enterprise Users on Network Management Systems.
- Maintain current hostname list on the NMS server.
- Assisting in Quarterly Password update for NOC managed networks devices.
- Troubleshoot all NMS related issues on all NMS servers and network devices as assigned by NOC Manager or Designee.
- Update and resolve incident tickets that are assigned to NMS.
- Participate on required conference calls for all NMS matters.
- Perform escalation as required for assigned NMS outages.
- Troubleshoot SNMP traps reported by Network Technicians.
- Active DoD Government Security Clearance required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience in related field.
- Cisco CCNA and/or Sun Solaris SCSA a plus.
- Certified in accordance with DODD 8570.1 Information Assurance Technician II. Sec+ or CCNA Security required.
- 10+ years’ experience that includes operational support, hands-on implementing and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, IPS, VPN, desktop computers, and cabling in a large LAN/BAN/MAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of trouble ticketing software (HP Service Manager) and network monitoring solutions (NetView, HP NNMi, HP OM; TACACS Plus and HPNA).
- Previous experience working on DoD bases/sites, including previous military service highly desirable.
- Experience with Perl and Expect language a plus.
- Strong communications, writing and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals involved in the networking process.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Tec-Masters is a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. We are proud of our diverse environment, EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet.