Director of Software Engineering
- Sofia, Bulgaria
WorkRails is reinventing how software companies sell services to their customers. With over $700 billion a year spent on technology services, we were shocked to see the most advanced companies relying on old documents, spreadsheets and broken processes to drive such an important part of their business.
Through automation, WorkRails makes selling services easy, fast and more accurate for our clients, saving them time and money. Our solution powers an eCommerce experience for services employees, clients and partners that increases adoption and reduces errors. Our clients include some of the top software companies in the world.
We are a growing, venture backed business with an incredible team and company culture. We are looking for like minded people that value a collaborative team environment, expect the best from their peers and want to win. We also value work-life balance and seek people with tremendous energy but care deeply about life outside of work as well. We encourage growing your personal network and giving back to others through philanthropic activities and company team building events.
We are looking for a seasoned engineering and technology leader to help expand the technical strategy for WorkRails. The candidate will possess amazing communication skills combined with a sharp analytical mind - balancing demands from both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
About Your Role:
● Execute all new products (in an increasingly diverse and complex Global roadmap), on time and within budget every year, enabling consistent sales growth from NPD.
● Collaborate with the Architect and other key stakeholders to build a Technology Roadmap that enables WorkRails to scale.
● Build, retain, and manage an A-player team
● Manage performance and develop talent on teams
● Lead and partner with cross-functional peers to drive efficiencies and accountability
● Work closely with engineering teams to ensure flawless execution
● Be in the details and hands-on; think strategically but drive to action
● Clearly articulate Design Solutions and Challenges to a multidisciplinary team and executive level
● Challenge assumptions and think innovatively to solve complex problems creatively
● Provide training and mentorship to less experienced engineers
● Participate in peer design reviews. Think critically about new product concepts, and ask the kinds of questions that help make them better
● Collaborate with R&D team to bring new technologies into next-generation products, and to initiate the exploration of new technologies
● BS in Engineering or related discipline, Master’s or Advanced Degree a plus
● 5+ years of related experience
● You’ve spent time in an early stage startup and understand the fast-pace, often ambiguous, and autonomous environment
● Experience leading user-centered innovation projects
● Clear communication and presentation skills.
● Experience allocating resources to work on multiple projects and setting clear priorities when juggling multiple deliverables.
● Respect and understanding of other disciplines; including User Experience, Product Development, Quality and Release.
● Web technology: NodeJS + React
● Cloud: Amazon, EC2 instances
● Database: Postgres
● Version Control: Gitlab
So you’re probably asking yourself “what’s in it for me?” As our Director of Software Engineering, you will have access to:
● Health, dental & vision plans that are 100% sponsored for employees and 60%+ contribution to employee + dependents as well as Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health savings accounts.
● Wellness and mental health resources. We are a culture that supports our employees in every aspect of their lives
● Flexible and generous PTO - we believe that a healthy team must have time to disconnect and recharge
● Opportunities for professional development, promotions and career growth
Why Work with Us - Perks & Benefits
WorkRails offers generous and competitive health, dental & vision benefits and access to other benefits and perks such as a 401K plan, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health savings accounts, flexible savings accounts, Wellness plans & Commuter benefit plans. We also offer a generous paid time off plan so you can spend more time with family, friends and enjoy life outside of the office.
WorkRails is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Please expect us to ask for references as part of our hiring process.