Director of Software Engineering
- Huntington, NY, USA
At Workrails, we believe that the way we’ve been selling professional, managed and educational services, is broken. After experiencing this pain first-hand, our founders went about building a Service Sales Platform that would automate the end-to-end selling process from scope to signature; reducing friction, accelerating revenue, and adding transparency surrounding services. Our goals are massive, but at Workrails we believe in a world where sales and services teams can get on the same page, without leaning on spreadsheets, document templates and manual workarounds.
As a fast-growing startup, our incredible team is made up of passionate, collaborative, strategic and empathetic thought leaders who enjoy a fast-paced team environment, value work/life balance, and believe in giving back. We value professional development, growing your network and team-building events that enable our people to develop deep cross-functional relationships that drive company wins! See below for “What’s in it for you!”
We are looking for a seasoned engineering and technology leader to help expand the technical strategy for WorkRails. The candidate will possess amazing communication skills combined with a sharp analytical mind - balancing demands from both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
About Your Role:
● Execute all new products (in an increasingly diverse and complex Global roadmap), on time and within budget every year, enabling consistent sales growth from NPD.
● Collaborate with the Architect and other key stakeholders to build a Technology Roadmap that enables WorkRails to scale.
● Build, retain, and manage an A-player team
● Manage performance and develop talent on teams
● Lead and partner with cross functional peers to drive efficiencies and accountability
● Work closely with engineering teams to ensure flawless execution
● Be in the details and hands on; think strategically but drive to action
● Clearly articulate Design Solutions and Challenges to a multidisciplinary team and executive level
● Challenge assumptions and think innovatively to solve complex problems creatively
● Provide training and mentorship to less experienced engineers
● Participate in peer design reviews. Think critically about new product concepts, and ask the kinds of questions that help make them better
● Collaborate with R&D team to bring new technologies into next generation products, and to initiate the exploration of new technologies
● BS in Engineering or related discipline, Master’s or Advanced Degree a plus
● 5+ years of related experience
● You’ve spent time in an early stage startup and understand the fast-pace, often ambiguous, and autonomous environment
● Experience leading user-centered innovation projects
● Clear communication and presentation skills.
● Experience allocating resources to work on multiple projects and setting clear priorities when juggling multiple deliverables.
● Respect and understanding of other disciplines; including User Experience, Product Development, Quality and Release.
● Web technology: NodeJS + React
● Cloud: Amazon, EC2 instances
● Database: Postgres
● Version Control: Gitlab
So you’re probably asking yourself “what’s in it for me?” As our Director of Software Engineering, you will have access to
● Health, dental & vision plans that are 100% sponsored for employees and 60%+ contribution to employee + dependents as well as Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health savings accounts.
● Wellness and mental health resources. We are a culture that supports our employees in every aspect of their lives
● Flexible and generous PTO - we believe that a healthy team must have time to disconnect and recharge
● Opportunities for professional development, promotions and career growth
As Workrails continues to grow we are committed to building a team that is representative of the global world that we live in. It’s never been more clear that the most diverse and inclusive teams build the world’s best products and experiences and at Workrails we are ALL IN. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.