3D Character Artist
- El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
Wonderstorm is a STORY and PLAY studio in Los Angeles founded by former creative leaders from Riot Games and Naughty Dog, Aaron Ehasz, Justin Richmond and Justin Santistevan. The studio aims to create deep worlds and stories that will form the basis for lasting franchises. Our first franchise, The Dragon Prince, premiered as a Netflix original series in September 2018, and the company is developing a AAA-quality video game based in the same world.
The Dragon Prince topped a variety of popularity lists, including Rotten Tomatoes, and was quickly renewed for a 2nd and 3rd Season. It has captivated millions across all ages and inspired a passionate fan community attracted to its action, adventure, humor and diversity of character.
- Sculpting high-resolution character models in Zbrush, Blender or preferred 3D program.
- Strong technical modeling skills (extremely clean mesh, understanding of animation and topology, uvs, and scene organization are a must)
- Working within multidisciplinary design teams to help bring characters to life while making them work for the game design
- Collaborating with animators to create characters that can move and perform believably
- Collaborating with concept artists to revise and improve character designs
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Able to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills
- 2+ years in a Character Artist role
- Able to model, UV map, and create textures from concept
- Ability to model characters in a range of styles with an emphasis on character design
- Strong proficiency in Maya or Blender, Zbrush, and Photoshop
- Understands game technology and pipeline required for creating characters
- Drawing, sculpting, and other traditional art skills a plus
- Actively contribute to the growth of a startup studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment
We come to work every day inspired by the opportunity to make great games and stories together. Wonderstorm is an energizing place! We're looking for talented, creative, and passionate people to join our small team in order to make a big difference.
Wonderstorm offers excellent benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive salaries
- Employee stock options (we're all owners)
- Free gym access
Please submit a cover letter via the “Your Message to the Hiring Manager” section on the application.
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.