Lead 3D Environment Artist
- El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
Wonderstorm is a STORY and PLAY studio in Los Angeles founded by former creative leaders from Riot Games and Naughty Dog, Aaron Ehasz, Justin Richmond and Justin Santistevan. The studio aims to create deep worlds and stories that will form the basis for lasting franchises. Our first franchise, The Dragon Prince, premiered as a Netflix original series in September 2018, and the company is developing a AAA-quality video game based in the same world.
The Dragon Prince topped a variety of popularity lists, including Rotten Tomatoes, and was quickly renewed for a 2nd and 3rd Season. It has captivated millions across all ages and inspired a passionate fan community attracted to its action, adventure, humor and diversity of character.
- Collaborate with the art, design, and engineering teams to define environment art pipeline and workflows; R&D new techniques and best practices to implement into production pipeline
- Partner closely with the Art Director to establish artistic style and ensure unified look and consistent quality across game environments
- Maintain the artistic direction and vision through all phases of the game development. This entails ensuring environment/level assets are of the highest artistic quality and upholding the integrity of the games design and artistic vision of the game as a whole.
- Provide mentorship, feedback, and training to others on the team
- Actively contribute to the growth of a startup studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment
- 5+ years in a Environment Artist or Senior Environment Artist role
- Proven track record in at least one shipped title (preferably AAA)
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Maya, Blender, Substance Painter, Zbrush, Unreal 4 etc.
- Strong traditional fine art skills, training, and production experience (illustration, painting, organic forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design.)
- Strong understanding of color and light
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills
We come to work every day inspired by the opportunity to make great games and stories together. Wonderstorm is an energizing place! We're looking for talented, creative, and passionate people to join our small team in order to make a big difference.
Wonderstorm offers excellent benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive salaries
- Employee stock options (we're all owners)
- Free gym access
Please submit a cover letter via the “Your Message to the Hiring Manager” section on the application.
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.