Senior Legal Counsel, Courier Model
- Yavne Street 40, Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv District, Israel
- Department: Legal
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.
Are you an experienced employment law professional, with a genuine interest in the future of work, technological innovations and platform economy? Do you want to be part of building and scaling the international expansion in a truly global tech organization? Do you want to contribute to defining the future of work? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat! We are currently looking for a new team member responsible for courier model related matters to our Legal team.
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Just 3 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries and over 180+ cities, servicing over 10M registered users. In the last year, we've expanded our platform beyond food delivery into categories such as grocery, cosmetics, flowers, toys, electronics, books and other exciting products, all referred to as retail. Our vision is to offer everything our customers need, to their door, in 30min or less.
As the platform economy is changing the ways consumers connect with restaurants and retailers, we are seeing a huge opportunity to be the industry leader with the amazing teams we have built globally.
To achieve our next growth targets, we are now looking for an in-house counsel to join our global Courier Model legal team, dedicated to our courier model compliance. You will be based in our Wolt Office in Tel Aviv, and be responsible for the courier model related legal support in Israel and a few other countries. You will work closely with our Legal and Public Policy team as well as other Wolt teams like product development, business development, operations team as well as our country teams located in 23 countries.
The regulation in our space is evolving globally and becoming more challenging to navigate and manage as we scale, and your mission is to ensure that from a courier model compliance point of view our growth is sustainable. We truly want you to be an expert in this field but also someone who is curious and eager to learn more and grow with us.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Together with our other in-house counsels dedicated to courier model compliance, you will be responsible for the development of and compliance with our courier model.
- You will be the main point of contact for the local team in Israel and selected other markets, and support them in legal questions related to couriers.
- Identifying proactively development possibilities relevant for our business be it ideas for different processes, documentation or for instance app development, as well as sharing global legal developments and other insights to internal stakeholders.
- Weighing in on the discussion on platform economy and the future of work
- Using your strong expertise in employment laws and hopefully also other specific fields relevant for our business.
- Solutions-driven can-do attitude is an absolute must.
- Keeping yourself up to date on the industry and proactively take action and share knowledge and insights with other team members.
- 7+ years of legal experience as in-house counsel or from a law firm in an international setting.
- Master of Laws degree.
- Strong experience of advising on employment law related matters, including social benefits, tax and national insurance.
- Litigation experience is considered as a plus.
- Experience in working in close cooperation with internal and external legal teams and working on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to effectively weigh risks and payoffs in a number of scenarios.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Quick thinking and the type of person who rolls up their sleeves and gets to work, no matter the task.
- Fluent in English and Hebrew.
- Willingness to travel.
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment.
- Competitive salary and flexible working model
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company.
- Along with benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: [email protected]
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website.