- Arkadiagatan, 00100 Helsingfors, Finland
- Department: Finance
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.
Are you an experienced finance professional, with a real passion for delivering exceptional service in a collaborative team? Does a Financial Controller-role in a global tech organisation sound like your ideal next opportunity? If so, then please read on!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
Our Finance team has played a key role in this journey - supporting our global operations from their central Helsinki hub has been no easy feat, but this group of dedicated and motivated professionals have made it seem effortless!
As we continue to scale, we’re now looking for an additional experienced Financial Controller to help us do so in the most efficient way.
Working with both internal stakeholders and our external accountants, your day-to-day tasks should sound very familiar: you’ll manage the P&L analysis, reporting and reconciliation work, and will be hands-on with creating invoices, statutory reporting, and monthly closing. Your work will result in providing reliable figures both to our business controlling team and for financial statements. Your focus will be on financial control, but as we are growing and working as a collaborative team, it is definitely a plus if you also can adjust to a business controller mindset.
What makes the Finance team so special is our ‘service first’ approach to the job - we enjoy creating strong communication loops with the wider business, so that bottlenecks are minimised and that things get done quickly and efficiently.
Everybody is accountable for their own workload and takes pride in being meticulous and precise. We also enjoy learning and developing as we go - it’s important that you share this approach! :)
What you’ll be doing
- Coordinating and managing the accounting work performed by external accountants
- Ensure compliance with group reporting and accounting principles for the selected entities
- Participating in monthly closings, preparation of financial statements and tax filings
- Providing the financial information and transparency
- Participating in IFRS conversion project
- Coordinating external audit work of the legal entity
- Driving development projects forward such as internal controls project and integrating our accounting system with our other tools and systems and automating our processes
- Recurring control tasks, such as reconciliations, cash flow monitoring, and AP approvals
- Various other accounting-related and financial tasks
- Extensive experience as a financial controller, an accountant or in a similar position.
- Comfortable with taking broad professional ownership and having the experience to handle the full scope that this role requires
- You have prior experience in a fast-paced environment figuring out solutions without anyone telling you exactly what to do.
- Familiarity with business controlling is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Economics or other financial degree.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Prior experience in NetSuite is a plus.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Must be eligible to work in the E.U.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking broad ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary, potential bonus and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
Note that we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Jakub Ossowski, Talent Acquisition Partner - [email protected]