Retail Business Manager
- Øvre Slottsgate, Oslo, Norway
- Department: Sales
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we're best known for our delivery platform. On our mobile apps or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners – or other items from our grocery and retail partners – to either pick up their order or have it delivered by our courier partners.
We're currently active in 23 countries and more than 120 cities, servicing over 8 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry's highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer's own language.
We've raised €267M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures, Highland Europe, and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and Lukasz Gadowski (founder of Delivery Hero). We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year. In 2020 we were recognized as Europe's most promising startup as part of Adyen and TNW's #Tech5 competition, and as the fastest growing tech company in Europe by the Financial Times.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our couriers' work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!
Do you like being hands-on and building things from scratch? Do you take ownership and execute, when your business is not meeting potential? Do you have the flair for sales and establishing fruitful partnerships? If your answer is yes, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Wolt has been growing rapidly in Norway ever since we entered the market in the end of 2017 and we're now looking for a Retail Business Manager to build Wolt’s retail partnership offering in Norway. This business segment is new to both Wolt and to the users in Norway and serves as a perfect complement to our restaurant food operations - such as groceries, pharmacies or convenience products. So, roll up your sleeves and get going!
The ideal candidate is ready to take on a two-folded job: introduce Wolt to e.g. retailers in our cities so that they can start experiencing the benefits of our service, as well as building the local setup and preparing our operation to cope with the demand we expect. Finally, you would collaborate with our Finnish HQ and peers in other markets to develop our product offering to suit the needs. Preferably, you understand what our users want before they do it themselves.
What you'll be doing
- Define, build and grow this completely new opportunity at Wolt from scratch.
- Continuously optimize and develop the offering to make it more attractive to both potential partners and users.
- Build and manage a pipeline of new potential retail partners.
- Nurture the relationships with the major retail accounts you sign in order to deepen the partnership and ensure our retail partners perform on Wolt.
- Remove all blockers and collaborate with the rest of Wolt to make sure the operation is smooth, the marketing is live and we comply with relevant regulations.
- Define and follow relevant operational and sales KPIs closely and take action when needed.
- As the retail side grows, you will be building out a retail team.
- Ideally, you have experience in building business or operations from scratch both in terms of strategy, but also execution and being hands-on with different subjects.
- You are looking forward to taking on a challenge to establish a completely new segment in Norway - acting as an entrepreneur and problem solver, not being deterred by set-backs.
- You have an outgoing personality, where networking and building relationships are your second-nature and you thrive in long and complicated sales processes.
- You are curious, committed and enjoy taking on full ownership. Therefore, you will naturally take the lead and orchestrate the necessary changes together with the rest of Wolt to reach KPIs and improve the offering.
- Complementary to your social skills, you are structured and on top of things. Further, you form decisions based on data to the extent possible.
- You are fluent in Norweigan and English.
- Retail related background and sales experience is a big plus
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can send your enquiries to Kristin Liiksaar, Talent Acquisition Partner - [email protected]