- 123, Phoenix, AZ, United States
Responsible for developing new business opportunities related to recruiting and staffing within Manufacturing, Warehousing/Distribution, Pharmaceutical, Financial and Accounting Industries. Identify client needs and recommend qualified candidates based on experience and education.
The Director, Sustainability will assess and lead company’s environmental, social, and governance (ESG) initiatives and strategy, ensuring that company’s sustainability efforts enhance business performance, drive innovation, and support the long-term interests of the company. Key aspects of the role include the development of sustainability metrics, management of annual reporting and disclosure cycles, partnering with multiple functional leaders across the organization and supporting integration of sustainability and innovation throughout the company.
· Advise on and help inform a sustainability strategy and plan for the company, including specific initiatives.
· Secure and leverage senior level commitment and support for integrating sustainable development into core processes and decision-making.
· Assist in the formulation of the company’s long-term sustainability mission, framework, roadmap, and metrics to measure success.
· Key focus on company metrics and reporting requirements
· Support marketing and communications efforts to validate company sustainability metrics or claims.
· Help identify and validate internal metrics needed to support Interface’s external sustainability reporting.
· Design and lead sustainability projects on key areas of focus.
· Build sustainability principles into the business.
· Serve as an internal resource for the business and “go to” expert for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, innovation, technology, programs and issues, and communicating and educating others on sustainability topics.
· Serve as a central point of contact for all interfaces with stakeholders about sustainability performance. This includes being the lead interface with customers relative to their inquiries and their requests for information on company efforts in support of sustainability. As necessary, collaborate with internal subject matter experts to ensure appropriate responses and communications.
· Represent the company with external stakeholders relating to the company's responses or positions on sustainability or sustainable business topics.
· Identify and prioritize areas for new and innovative sustainability efforts and recommend strategies for proactively addressing relevant sustainability issues.
· Creates business case for supporting the Company’s strategic diversion platform, including the financial returns, capital requirements, project risks, and project management.
· Evaluates current and proposed laws, regulations, and guidelines to determine the impact on current and future operations and projects.
· Manages vendors and consultants to ensure projects remain on track and service level agreements are met.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
· Strategic leader with an ability to inspire and influence others to adopt and drive forward the sustainability strategy and integrate it into everything we do at the company. This candidate will have a passion for ESG topics, and experience leading change.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with others, influence key stakeholders to lead and drive sustainability-related discussions and deliverables.
· Thrives when facing ambiguity and complexity; willingness to explore multiple solutions to a problem
· Highly effective critical thinker who can synthesize information from disparate sources and recommend appropriate management action
· Compelling communicator, both written and verbal, effective at presenting to all levels of the organization, including the Board of Directors and external shareholders.
· Strong leadership skills: ability to engage and inspire; fosters a sense of energy, ownership, and personal commitment to the work; create an environment in which performance excellence is rewarded
· Ability to listen, but also to persuasively convey opinions and recommendations
· Excels at leading through ambiguous situations or for activities not directly associated with well-defined responsibilities
· Strong matrix management skills; proven success in managing cross functional teams
· High level of research and analytical skills and abilities to address issues, collect data, and evaluate potential options. The ability to make effective judgment, recommendations and/or decisions is also required.
· Proficiency in partnering with business leaders to drive company strategies.
· Ability to deliver high value impact as member of a larger team, ensuring efforts support the strategy of the business.
· Bachelors Degree, preferably in Sustainability, Engineering, or related field
· At least 10 years of direct working experience in sustainability, including strategy, analysis, reporting, and disclosing.
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your resume. We look forward to receiving your application. Or you can call 954-344-4993 for more information.