Senior Data Engineer
- Sector 43 Rd, Block C, Sushant Lok Phase I, Sector 43, Gurugram, Haryana 122002, India
- Employees can work remotely
Wizikey is Salesforce of PR - the World’s first truly integrated PR Solution that helps businesses create news. It helps companies monitor the industry news trends, track competition insights and pitch their stories to 50,000+ reporters.
Launched in 2019, by IIT, SRCC, and MICA Alum, it has garnered 1000+ users over 250+ businesses who have created more than 2500 stories in over 9 languages.
What do we do at Wizikey
Wizikey is a subscription-based Communication SaaS that helps businesses identify and connect with relevant media influencers and subject matter experts. With Wizikey’s data intelligence, companies can create campaigns, target and engage influencers and journalists, measure and optimize to scale their brand-building efforts. Launched in 2019, by IIT, SRCC and MICA Alum, it has garnered 1000+ users over 250+ businesses who have created more than 2500 stories in over 9 languages
The role we are hiring for
At Wizikey we hire the whole person, not just a part of them. As Senior Data Engineer, You will be building out patterns and abstractions that emphasize the efficiency of sites/web apps. And will make sure the sites/software are compatible with multiple browsers and multiple devices.
You will be expected to continually evaluate emerging technologies and avail strategic, innovative, and cost-effective solutions that increase the efficiency, reliability, and integration of the sites/web apps. You will be working in a semi-autonomous environment to prototype technologies in order to resolve emerging site/software issues promptly.
If Technology is your first love and experimenting with new technologies is what you thrive for, then Wizikey is the place for you.
What you will be responsible for
- As a Data Engineer on our Data Platform team, you will be responsible for architecting and developing the building blocks of the next generation of products at Wizikey.
- You will create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- You will identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- You will build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer feedback applying sentiment analytics, NLP, and Clustering methodologies.
- You will keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers.
- You will create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product.
- You will collaborate with product and design teams to build innovative new features and products for the PR space.
Our Engineering Culture
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology and follow the latest technologies and share what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tooling.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
Must Have's for the role:
- 3+ years of data engineering experience include distributed systems like Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with ETL/ELT pipelines.
- Strong experience with code quality best practices and implementing testing architectures and modularization on large codebases.
- Have performed software development in a production environment using a mainstream object-oriented programming language ( Java, Java Libraries or Python or scala).
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java & Scala.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, or similar.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Airflow.
- Experience with stream-processing systems such as Spark-Streaming.
"Wizikey encourages and celebrates entrepreneurial culture. When you set out to create a new industry, you need to build a team of immensely talented folks from Technology and Communications and give them the freedom to experiment, learn and keep building. And with every addition of talent, this gets new fuel and the magic happens. And that is why we call ourselves Wizards" - Anshul Sushil (Co-founder & CEO)