Community Engagement Manager
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
WithinReach makes it easier for Washington families to navigate complex health and social service systems and connect with the resources they need to be healthy and safe. We work one-on-one with people – in person, over the phone and online – to identify their goals and provide them with immediate support that is close to home. WithinReach also works with partners, providers, and policymakers in a variety of ways to prioritize families and children. We are focused on improving access to resources and support because we believe all families and children benefit from holistic and comprehensive information to navigate health, food, and early childhood systems with success.
Our team is smart and purpose-driven. We are change makers, working to build healthy, equitable, vibrant communities. We believe that we can only do our jobs well by learning about and reflecting the people we serve through workforce and leadership development and by seeking to identify and reduce the system and access barriers that contribute to structural inequities. By doing so, we are able to create meaningful change for families and communities.
All applicants must reside within Washington state.
Driven by the organization’s vision, mission, values and strategic priorities, the Community Engagement Manager (CEM) is responsible for defining and implementing WithinReach’s strategies to engage with families and community partners around our work. The CEM will work collaboratively across teams and with senior leaders to advance these strategies and help empower Washington families to connect with the resources and community supports they need to be healthy and safe.
WithinReach is looking for a talented and dynamic individual to join our team. We seek a relationship-builder with a passion for our mission; someone at home learning about and representing WithinReach in the community and driving communications and outreach strategies that will lower barriers and improve access to health for families in our state. You have interest in and experience working with marginalized communities such as BIPOC, low-income, immigrant and other communities. You get energy from strategizing, collaborating and taking existing work to a new level. You incorporate WithinReach’s core values of agility, collaboration, inclusion, initiative, quality and wellbeing into your everyday life and work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the Senior Manager of Community Engagement to design and implement a community engagement plan that advances WithinReach’s strategic priorities and racial equity values
- Collaborate across teams and with external partners to support current contracts and initiatives
- Grow our presence statewide and impact, particularly with those who are furthest from opportunity
- Ensure that strategies and interactions are culturally responsive, respectful and based on the foundation of WithinReach’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Help design strategies that deepen relationships with our partners, build trust in the community and lift the voices of community members
- Support WithinReach communications strategies, including drafting email newsletters, blog posts and outreach materials; website updates; and incorporating family voice and stories in our work
- Represent WithinReach in speaking engagements, community events and with partners
- Regularly assess data and metrics to drive strategy and measure efficacy
- 5+ years of progressively responsible professional experience in community organizing, outreach or advocacy, partnership development, community engagement and/or communications
- Strong knowledge of and experience implementing broad-based community engagement strategies to support programmatic efforts
- Ability to adapt and brainstorm for new initiatives and support evolving priorities
- Experience working in and supporting BIPOC and/or low-income communities
- Skills in cross-team collaboration; ability to build a positive team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills – public speaking a plus
- Bilingual and multilingual skills valued
Salary & Benefits: $65,000-72,000 annually DOE. Excellent benefits include fully paid medical coverage, vision and dental for employees and generous coverage for spouses, partners and dependents. Paid time off and employer matched retirement plan.
Job Location: All positions are remote with the opportunity to meet and/or work in the office on occasion. Applicants can reside anywhere in the state of Washington.
Home office: Located at 155 NE 100th Street, Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98125.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
WithinReach supports inclusion and diversity in all its forms. We strive to create a safe and open atmosphere. We commit to listening to, representing and embracing diverse perspectives and experiences in all we do.
WithinReach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek to provide equal opportunity for all persons without regard to race, age, religion, gender, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected under the law. People of color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to cultivating a diverse workforce that serves and reflects our community.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.