Bilingual Family Resource Navigator - Skagit County
- Burlington, WA 98233, USA
- Employees can work remotely
WithinReach makes it easier for Washington families to navigate complex health and social service systems and connect with the resources they need to be healthy and safe. We work one-on-one with people – in person, over the phone and online – to identify their goals and provide them with immediate support that is close to home. WithinReach also works with partners, providers, and policymakers in a variety of ways to prioritize families and children. We are focused on improving access to resources and support because we believe all families and children benefit from holistic and comprehensive information to navigate health, food, and early childhood systems with success.
Our team is smart and purpose-driven. We are change makers, working to build healthy, equitable, vibrant communities. We believe that we can only do our jobs well by learning about and reflecting the people we serve through workforce and leadership development and by seeking to identify and reduce the system and access barriers that contribute to structural inequities. By doing so, we are able to create meaningful change for families and communities.
Position Summary: The Family Resource Navigator serves as the first point of contact for Skagit County families seeking information about local resources and help accessing public benefits programs. The Family Resource Navigator supports pregnant families and families with young children through 6 years old. The Family Resource Navigator serves as a conduit between families and resources via WithinReach’s Help Me Grow Washington Hotline. The Family Resource Navigator will be trained by WithinReach staff on telephone casework, early childhood subjects, relevant early childhood systems of care, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, data collection, and best practices for resource navigation.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for answering phone, web, text, and email inquiries to provide timely, relevant, and accurate information and support to families seeking assistance.
- Provide culturally and linguistically appropriate resources and care coordination, and utilize interpreter services when necessary.
- Answer early childhood questions, connect callers to free child developmental screenings, and provide care coordination and follow-up assistance.
- Collect family intake information, document all Help Me Grow care coordination activities with families, and follow up with callers and partner agencies.
- Work collaboratively in a multi-agency, multi-disciplinary team that promotes mutual respect, open communication, and joint problem solving strategies.
- Help to maintain, update, and add to a database of child development resources and referrals.
- Participate in monthly Children’s Council of Skagit County Board meetings as well as local Help Me Grow action team meetings. Represent Help Me Grow at other local community coalitions, neighborhood groups and networks as appropriate.
- Promote the Skagit Help Me Grow phone number and participate in outreach activities.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- 1-3 years of experience working directly with low-income, diverse and multicultural families
- Knowledge of Skagit County resources and programs and experience working with the community, either resides in Skagit County or in the surrounding area
- Access to reliable internet service, an internet stipend is included with this position (Recommended minimum of 25mpbs for better voice and audio quality)
- Early childhood health and development knowledge
- Experience in early childhood education, health care, social services or a related field
- Familiarity with child and family and/or health care delivery systems and community resources in Skagit County
- Familiarity with statewide programs such as Basic Food (SNAP), Early Support for Infants and Toddlers, WIC, and Medicaid
- Knowledge of or experience establishing partnerships with local social service organizations
- Call center and/or relevant customer service experience
- Bicultural preferred
- Excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact effectively with the diverse populations and communities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to manage responsibilities independently and work with limited supervision, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to listen to information while collecting and inputting data into client management systems
Salary & Benefits: $22 Hourly Rate, Full-Time, 40 hours/week. Excellent benefits include fully paid medical coverage, vision, and dental for employees and generous coverage for spouses, partners and dependents. Paid time off and employer-matched retirement plan.
Application: To apply, please complete the application through SmartRecruiters and attach a resume and a cover letter.
Job Location: Remote work with the future possibility of a work station at the Children’s Museum of Skagit County after COVID restrictions are eliminated or reduced. The WithinReach office is located at 155 NE 100th Street, Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98125
WithinReach supports inclusion and diversity in all its forms. We strive to create a safe and open atmosphere. We commit to listening to, representing and embracing diverse perspectives and experiences in all we do.
WithinReach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek to provide equal opportunity for all persons without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected under the law. People of color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to cultivating a diverse workforce that serves and reflects our community.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.