Business Development Manager, France
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 60 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 250,000 merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
Business development representatives at Wish are hunters. As a member of the EMEA business development team for the French market, your goal will be to develop an understanding of the Wish platform and its place in the e-commerce community, identify key opportunities within that community and pursue, persuade and close merchants. A successful business development representative is competitive, revenue focused, disciplined in the process, sharp and intuitive, and a highly effective internal & external communicator.
This role can be performed in the UK or NL remotely.
What you'll be doing:
- Efficiently identify and actively pursue prospective merchants
- Demonstrate analytical thinking and leverage data to drive decision making
- Pitch prospective new merchants on the phone, at industry events, and at in-person meetings
- Manage the entire pre and post sales cycle of the merchant onboarding process
- Proactively manage technical and operational hurdles in new merchant on-boarding
- Effectively communicate & collaborate with relevant internal stakeholders
- Previous experience in a similar sales role strongly desired
- Highly competitive, smart, detail-oriented, relentlessly resourceful
- Knowledge of Ecommerce, the online shopping industry-particularly with marketplaces & marketplace sellers
- Strong personal presence with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills-including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and proficiency in CRM systems
- Experience onboarding accounts and merchants successfully by leveraging data and understanding of the product
- Team-oriented but has the ability to work independently
- Agile individual with the ability to work autonomously in a demanding and ambiguous environment
- Minimum 2-3 years job experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Familiarity with GSuite (Google docs, sheets, slides)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with lead generation softwares is a plus
- Fluency in French and a good command of English
Here at Wish, you are joining a team and company at a time of growth and transformation. You will love being surrounded by people who are as passionate as you are about e-commerce, technology, and a data-driven culture. Even if you don't meet 100% of the above, we encourage you to still apply!
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.