Senior Software Engineer - Infra
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 100 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 550,000 merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
Please apply via this link to be considered
The globalization / internationalization team offers a rare opportunity to work on key company initiatives from building the central tooling system that empower all services in Wish to support different countries, languages, currencies, and various other aspects across the globe. We design, build, and test the system we create, and guide the entire company in globalizing their solutions. You will enjoy working with talented engineers, challenging engineering problems, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your work empower customers across the globe to shop on Wish regardless of their culture / background. Our engineers think deep, move fast, while solving unusual and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release new code continuously and use automations to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. They work on building features from the database level to the customer facing presentations. We cultivate an environment for smart and self-driven engineers to thrive.
We are looking for a passionate engineer to make an impact at Wish by engineering the next generation internationalization ecosystem to support the internationalization effort of the entire company. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys engineering complex platforms, taking ownership over projects, building features at all levels of the stack, and continuously learning new knowledge needed to advance the platform. This role demands a high level of cross functional team communications and deeper engineering knowledge. A good backend engineer with some front end knowledge/interest would be an ideal match.
What You'll Do:
- Have a critical role in designing, building, and maintaining a wide range of systems from DBs & cache systems to libraries and sidecars in Kubernetes pods of client microservices to support a variety of internationalization use cases with optimized SLA.
- Collaborate with engineers across the company to implement a holistic, extensible, flexible, and reliable solution for all internationalization use cases.
- Work with Product Managers, Data Analysts, Designers, QA and other teams to take any project from inception to completion.
- Work closely with the Localization team to understand business requirements, and satisfy those requirements by implementing and improving internationalization tooling.
- Promote, guide, and educate teams throughout the company about best engineering and internationalization practices.
- Be on top of the internationalization ecosystem and continuously improve it to enhance the ecosystem, support more use cases, improve efficiency, increase quality, and ensure safety.
- Self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- 5+ years of experience and strong passion for building critical services and systems at scale
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in at least one of the popular programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- Proficient in at least one of the SQL and NoSQL Databases(Eg. MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL etc.)
- Working knowledge with microservices and modern distributed system architectures.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.