Machine Learning Engineer
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 100 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 550,000 merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
Please apply via this link to be considered
The Knowledge Engineering organization is responsible for data understanding, search and discovery end-to-end at Wish. We build core AI systems, microservices, and infrastructures by leveraging cutting-edge technologies to impact millions of users with personalized shopping experiences everyday.
We are looking for an outstanding machine learning engineer with a solid Natural Language Processing (NLP) or Computer Vision (CV) background to join our team! The role will provide an opportunity to work on research and develop large-scale deep learning models and systems to deeply understand our product listings, users, and search queries at Wish.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, research and develop state-of-the-art Natural Language Processing (NLP) or Computer Vision (CV) models and algorithms to deeply understand our product product listings, users, and search queries.
- Build highly scalable and available machine learning systems to improve different systems across the company, including content understanding, structured data, search, recommendation, ads, merchant, logistics, etc.
- Work and collaborate with different cross-functional teams end-to-end.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of industry experience in software engineering and applied machine learning related domain.
- Solid programming skills with proven experience designing, developing and delivering advanced machine learning models and large-scale engineering systems.
- Passionate, great communication skills, strong ownership, self-motivated, and inventive.
- PhD degree in artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, etc.
- Publications in top tier conferences, such as ACL, EMNLP, CVPR, ICCV, ICLR, NeurIPS, KDD, AAAI, etc.
- Experience with natural language processing, computer vision, search engine, recommender system, computational advertising, knowledge graph, etc.
- Experience with big data platforms and large-scale distributed systems.
- Awards in national or international machine learning competitions.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.