Senior Manager, Data Center and Network Infrastructure
- San Francisco, CA
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
The infrastructure team at Wish is responsible for building services and tools that form the backbone of Wish’s shopping service. These services are architected to help on-board new features easily and engineered to run at scale with high reliability. We currently are in the process of transforming our infrastructure and services to a service-oriented architecture (SOA).
We are currently seeking a Senior Engineering Manager for our Data Center and Network Infrastructure (DCNI) team at Wish. Our DCNI team runs our production infrastructure and manages data centers across the country, ensuring they are running and operational.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead a team of Networking, Systems and Data Center operations Engineers across a hybrid cloud infrastructure, including multiple datacenters, a coast to coast network backbone and direct connections with popular cloud providers.
- Own cost control for our cloud as well as data center infrastructure.
- Provide computing as a resource to other teams and service owners.
- Interact with physical data centers as well as multiple cloud technologies and take part in exciting projects like moving into multi-cloud.
- B.S. in Computer Science, other related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years management experience, with a proven track record of managing cross functional teams.
- Experience leading teams in building out physical data centers.
- Experience in managing data centers.
- Deep understanding of production network engineering, data center engineer, and systems engineer.
- Experience with Networking protocols such as, BGP, MPLS, RSVP-TE.
- Experience with transit, transport, DWDM, peering and cloud inter-connects.
- Experience with budget planning and control.
- Experience with AWS and building cloud clusters.
- Experience with multiple cloud technologies EX: GCP, Azure.
- Experience with hybrid cloud environments
- Basic knowledge of Linux system administration
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.